• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

A very upbeat and positive JD in today's presser which is a complete flip from last week when he looked a man under pressure. I hope that means a complete flip in our performance. Of course, it could just be a front and it could be panic stations, but he comes across well. I completely agree with everything he says, but the thing is, we've all heard him say things like this for nearly a year now and nothing has changed so it's starting to fall on deaf ears.

Go out there tomorrow and friggin do it for once boys!! I'm getting nervous......
Thanks Callmack, at least you're enjoying the Captains run!
The main think I want to know, was anyone catching any of those hard to catch spiral floating bombs? (nightmares from last week)
Yep, Taane and AJ actually caught pretty much all of them surprisingly!!

Hang him and then rip up his contract for being wrong by a few days….fmd some if you lot are a punish 😆😆

Well, if he’s using a players age as one of the reasons why he’s reluctant to play him in first grade, he should probably know the players age!
He can't be expected to know every age of players for an off the cuff interview question. A lot about JD shits me at the moment but some of the this feeding frenzy is ridiculous. What he said about not picking Grey was justified, whether he's 19 or just turned 20.

Punish?! I can’t believe you Derricks think that a professional rugby league coach, on the money he’s on, doesn’t know the age of a young up and coming player on the verge of first grade selection, particularly when highlighting his age in an interview as a reason for his non selection?! It, along with his recent coaching record, makes him look unprofessional! But I’d expect nothing less from you Captain…you are the biggest apologist on here!

Last edited:
Punish?! I can’t believe you Derricks think that a professional rugby league coach, on the money he’s on, doesn’t know the age of a young up and coming player on the verge of first grade selection, particularly when highlighting his age in an interview as a reason for his non selection?! It, along with his recent coaching record, makes him look unprofessional! But I’d expect nothing less from you Captain…you are the biggest apologist on here!

And you, in trying to justify your opinion just jumped the shark. Apparently JD used the wrong brand of tooth paste this morning.

Jeez, choose another hill to die on. Grey turned 20 on 4 March. There's more important issues.
You sound hysterical over nothing.

A very upbeat and positive JD in today's presser which is a complete flip from last week when he looked a man under pressure. I hope that means a complete flip in our performance. Of course, it could just be a front and it could be panic stations, but he comes across well. I completely agree with everything he says, but the thing is, we've all heard him say things like this for nearly a year now and nothing has changed so it's starting to fall on deaf ears.

Go out there tomorrow and friggin do it for once boys!! I'm getting nervous......

Yep, Taane and AJ actually caught pretty much all of them surprisingly!!
Yes, but were they as crazy as those bombs that Burton will be dropping on them ? Big ask 😜

From memory the same knee issue kept him out of the final Kangaroos game at the end of last year too.
If he's playing at age 30 I'll be surprised.

Back