• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

They actually spoke about that a few months ago.
In effect, they are on minimal deals and when you look at who was available to buy at the time they were a better option.

keep that in mind when it was considered that they wouldn’t be rquired given we had AJ, Munro, Mellars, Tass, Graham, Thompson ahead of them
It’s a fair point mate.

Still, it’s a real worry that’s all there is available to us.

We need to cast a wider net if the best backup we can find is the likes of Milne and Kennar.
Well for someone who publicly announced " I am going to be the best fullback in the NRL" and before going to LV " we have had a good pre season training and the court case is over we are going to start good and have a good season" or words to that effect.
V Manly only an average , too slow, can't read defence, unfit, bad attitude, ALL that for a million a year ???. I would put several fullback in front of him.
The press call him a " leader", "role model" I definitely would not like my kid to be anything like him.
You wouldn’t like your kid to be:
- An elite player in their chosen sport.
- Win multiple premierships in their chosen sport.
- International representative of their chosen sport.
- A leader of their community.
- Put countless time and effort into actively trying to make a difference with the Australian youth, particular troubled youth and win awards for doing so?
- Stand up to racists, calling them out.

Tell you what, your kid could do worse. 😳

I needed a break after that game but have just caught up on everything.

You know, I kept saying in the lead-up to the game that I actually felt really optimistic, and I thought the guys would turn up, emotional and fired up, and actually put out a decent performance, building on the Sharks game. Well, never again. I get my hopes up and this team just absolutely breaks my heart. Never again will I be optimistic about a game or believe we can do it until they really start to show something. Until then, they can get f**ked. I'm so off them right now, so off them.

That really was a horror night. We knew it was going to be tough and be a huge mountain to climb so I would have taken a loss where we still played well, put in some real effort but just got outclassed. But what happened couldn't have been further from that. We did that for probably 20 minutes of the game, but the other 60 can only be described as diabolical. I have never seen such a lack of effort or application in a defensive line before. No attention to detail, no one putting their bodies on the line, it was like no one cared. The missed and ineffective tackle count is just mind-blowing. I have said in past games this year that we hold the ball and complete okay, our defence is much better. Well, you certainly can't say that for this one. We held the ball but still just folded like a turnstile. So disappointed, I really thought we'd begin to show something.

Our attack was actually okay. As I mentioned before, we actually completed okay and managed to crack them a number of times. We looked really good down the left and asked plenty of questions. The period in the second half where we fought back was magnificent, honestly some of the best Footy we've played this year. But I thought to myself, what's the bet someone will do something, and the momentum will flip. You can read this side like a f**king book and that's exactly what happened.

As bad as it gets really, and we have now hit rock bottom surely. The thing is, it was all the exact same problems that have been happening for a year now. I can't take it anymore and I've had enough. Even Anzac Day couldn't get the players up. What a disgrace.

I was absolutely shattered on Thursday night and I still am. That really hurt and it doesn't get much worse. What the f**k has happened to our great club? Seriously. I don't even know what to say anymore.

I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet, unfortunately. That will come when the Dragons pump us in a fortnight.

I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet, unfortunately. That will come when the Dragons pump us in a fortnight.
Please don't go there. We will win this game and shove it up all the Dragons supporters currently thinking their team is semi final bound. Penrith will possibly be rock bottom , but I think we hit that against Melb.

Reactions: PA
It’s a fair point mate.

Still, it’s a real worry that’s all there is available to us.

We need to cast a wider net if the best backup we can find is the likes of Milne and Kennar.

You wouldn’t like your kid to be:
- An elite player in their chosen sport.
- Win multiple premierships in their chosen sport.
- International representative of their chosen sport.
- A leader of their community.
- Put countless time and effort into actively trying to make a difference with the Australian youth, particular troubled youth and win awards for doing so?
- Stand up to racists, calling them out.

Tell you what, your kid could do worse. 😳
Well actually my kid is an elite player in her chosen sport.
Has won metro and national championship. When interviewed after the game on a live stream event ( not national TV) she didn't swear her head off.
Has represented Aust on a junior level (only 17).
She would out perform LM in any aerobic test ( obviously not a strength test).
What leader in their sport/ community gets suspended several times for his thuggery actions.
As far as the Lenui incident , what a pathetic joke from NRL , players get caught with in possession of illegal drugs ( recreational drugs DO NOT exist)and only get a 2 week suspension???????.
The NRL is a pathetic joke with discipline players ( let's see what happens with Trindall) someone calls someone a monkey, then goes and cry about it , then Mr Mitchell buts in trying to be judge and juror ?????, unapologetic swears repeatedly on national TV , the response from NRL " we will have a little chat with him " ............give me a break.
The guy is an embarrassment to SS and NRL , has played a handful of good games , the rest way below average.
A lot of my SS friends all say the same thing........, lazy, out of position, unfit, can't read defence, and a grubby thug.
SS have NOT got value for money out of him, yes at rooters he excelled , but since joining souths , very average and unreliable.
Stand by what I say , not a leader, not a role model , definitely not captain material.

Has won metro and national championship. When interviewed after the game on a live stream event ( not national TV) she didn't swear her head off.
What leader in their sport/ community gets suspended several times for his thuggery actions.
As far as the Lenui incident , what a pathetic joke from NRL , players get caught with in possession of illegal drugs ( recreational drugs DO NOT exist)and only get a 2 week suspension???????.
The NRL is a pathetic joke with discipline players ( let's see what happens with Trindall) someone calls someone a monkey, then goes and cry about it , then Mr Mitchell buts in trying to be judge and juror ?????, unapologetic swears repeatedly on national TV , the response from NRL " we will have a little chat with him " ............give me a break.
The guy is an embarrassment to SS and NRL , has played a handful of good games , the rest way below average.
A lot of my SS friends all say the same thing........, lazy, out of position, unfit, can't read defence, and a grubby thug.
SS have NOT got value for money out of him, yes at rooters he excelled , but since joining souths , very average and unreliable.
Stand by what I say , not a leader, not a role model , definitely not captain material.
Aren’t tobacco and alcohol recreational drugs 🙊

I watched the replay and it was even worse than watching it live. Sitting through that was torture enough, I ain't going through a match report.

Full team and player stats,

The like is for the sake of your child. That’s fantastic achievements for them and you must be very proud.

Your rubbish commentary on Mitchell though 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: Joe

Latest posts

Back