• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

I just can't see us having a completion rate above 70%. We just can't hold the ball. It leaves me dumbfounded. But to make it worse, some of thise errors will be at critical moments
Like for 80 minutes?

Good morning my fellow South Sydney members and fans! Rise and shine, get up and get moving as easter is here. A massive day is here. Good Friday, and you know what that means, it's game day!!!! The easter Bunnies are on today and will take the field in our first game at home against one of our old foes in the Bulldogs. It doesn't get much bigger than this. The annual Good Friday clash which is always one of the biggest games of the year, against one of our most fierce rivals who we have nearly a 90-year history with, two of the most passionate clubs with two of the biggest and most passionate supporter bases, I'm sure the crowd will be heaving. Add to that that we are yet to have a win and are under just about the most pressure the club has ever been under and jeez, it's shaping up to be a gigantic day.

The stakes couldn't be higher honestly. Win today, and we relieve a lot of pressure, potentially kick-start our Season finally, and shut up the noise. But lose, and to be honest, I really don't even want to think about it. It'd be just about the lowest point the club has reached in a long time. The pressure is on, and I think I speak for all of us when I say I want this so friggin bad today.

Standing in our way is Canterbury and I honestly think this is going to be one of our tougher Good Friday fixtures for quite some time. They come into this one with a stronger side than they have fielded in the past and they'll be full of confidence after last week. They'll smell blood in the water the way we're going and would love to heap more misery on us, I'm sure. I'm relatively confident that we can get on top of them in the middle, but out wide, I am a little concerned. They have a fair bit of strike out there, especially with the likes of Ado-Carr, Kikau and Crichton now there. Our edge defence certainly isn't the best so that makes me nervous.

Really today, I just want to see one of those 'enough is enough' sort of performances. Where finally the boys stand up, sort their shit out and put in a performance we know they are all capable of. Cut the bullshit, lift and put some pride and passion back in that jersey. Lift your effort areas, hold the ball better, and we can win this!! Show them who we are. Show them we are South Sydney and we're still a threat in 2024.

I'll be there, a huge occasion for me as it's my first ever Souths home game. I'll be in the Burrow shouting and screaming my lungs out so let's friggin gooooooooo!!!!!

Let's hope this is a great Friday, not just a good one.

I'm nervous, but excited. So ready.

Glory, Glory.
Sorry callmack, you’ve got your events wrong! Today isn’t Easter, it’s Good Friday and you know what happened back then! Let’s hope we are not the sacrificial rabbit! 😂

As for Hosty, sorry I wouldn’t have him in the team. Another of JD’s favs from his Illawarra Cutters days…..

I’ll be an interested spectator of what unfolds out there today. Bulldogs will be pumped - let’s see how we respond….

JD’s been talking it up a lot - it’s now time for the team to walk the talk!

Sorry callmack, you’ve got your events wrong! Today isn’t Easter, it’s Good Friday and you know what happened back then! Let’s hope we are not the sacrificial rabbit! 😂

As for Hosty, sorry I wouldn’t have him in the team. Another of JD’s favs from his Illawarra Cutters days…..

I’ll be an interested spectator of what unfolds out there today. Bulldogs will be pumped - let’s see how we respond….

JD’s been talking it up a lot - it’s now time for the team to walk the talk!
Issue is who else do we put in with Arrow out? Like Kempy said Fletcher by seasons end will probs be in the side but for now it has to be Hosty. He was quite solid last week Hosty I give him that he’s got a big job today on Burton and Kikau side hopefully he’s up for it with it being game 100.

Target Taaffe and we'll get it done. I'd say that's the plan for sure. If Hawkins doesn't look the goods in this game it should be his last game at this level. His kicking game will need to be spot on in this one.

Last edited:
Issue is who else do we put in with Arrow out? Like Kempy said Fletcher by seasons end will probs be in the side but for now it has to be Hosty. He was quite solid last week Hosty I give him that he’s got a big job today on Burton and Kikau side hopefully he’s up for it with it being game 100.
Agreed Host is a good players who is solid and doesn't let us down. Give the youngsters time to develop. We did the same with Tom and George Burgess in their first season.

Going by latest reports with Arrow, we going through another Campbell Graham episode.

They say he needs surgery but is going to try and recover in 8 weeks time and then play with it, so he probs be playing injured or will injure it more and will end up needing surgery anyways.

Might as well get surgery now so he ain't also missing games next season.

Tell you what, if the boys are as flat as I am for today’s game we’re in big trouble.

I’ll be turning up to Homebush and going through the motions just like our forward pack.

Target Taaffe and we'll get it done. I'd say that's the plan for sure. If Hawkins doesn't look the goods in this game it should be his last game at this level. His kicking game will need to be spot on in this one.
Bit harsh on Hawkins. We gave Ilias two years, not two games. Surely Hawkins deserves a few more rounds.

Going by latest reports with Arrow, we going through another Campbell Graham episode.

They say he needs surgery but is going to try and recover in 8 weeks time and then play with it, so he probs be playing injured or will injure it more and will end up needing surgery anyways.

Might as well get surgery now so he ain't also missing games next season.
100% - does this story sound familiar?

He will play through it, look injured / in bad pain 3 or 4 times a game, be down on form, we miss the semis and then recovery doesn't progress as expected and impacts his 2025 season.

100% - does this story sound familiar?

He will play through it, look injured / in bad pain 3 or 4 times a game, be down on form, we miss the semis and then recovery doesn't progress as expected and impacts his 2025 season.
You would think they would learn from the CG debacle. Poor guy should have been given an extended period on the sidelines last year in which to attempt the rehab they tried in the off season (which didn't work). At least then he would have had the option of surgery in the off season.

And then JD has the balls to talk about duty of care lol. He and the rehab team seem like total morons.

Bit harsh on Hawkins. We gave Ilias two years, not two games. Surely Hawkins deserves a few more rounds.
I just think he's had more than enough time in reserves and really he should be ready for this game. If Illias has another blinder they'd have to think of bringing him back. I'm expecting a big game from Hawkins by the way. If his kicking game is on we'll win.

Latest posts

Back