• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lewis Dodd saint Helen’s half to the rabbitohs

I’m interested in how this came out now.

It sounds like it was leaked from over there, but still - very interesting timing.
I read somewhere he informed them yesterdsy he wouldnt be taking up his option for 2025. So i guess once that happened journos and the like wouldve been sniffing…

If we are shopping for a winger, that would rule out Clarke most probs

Highlights look good.

Looks like he actually plays eyes up footy. Will be a nice change

Latest SMH article has Ello looking for a prop & winger too. So thats a good start…

On Dodd… I dont know much of him. I see he is a left footer, wonder how thatll go whilst Cody is around
Good thing they were on top of this during the pre-season….

The club, particularly those in positions that have been highly criticised for doing nothing need to change the narrative

Don’t get me wrong it’s a solid signing but would it have happened if JD wasn’t about to be punted? Recruitment has sat on its hands for the last 4 years and suddenly we are actually looking outside The Cutters and QLD and signing talent

I really hope this is a sign of things to come, get a couple of angry English middles, get Clarke and another big athletic islander winger a new coach and we are top 4 again

But Dodd alone won’t change much

I wonder if Sam is relaying any player info
So basically, we’re a long way away from being top 4 again…

That clears up one pretty big question.

I.e, the 7 is gonna be Dodd (or if he bumbles Ilias). And Cody is going to play 6.

Meaning Mitchell plays 1 or centre.

Gray plays 1, or 14.

Wighton plays centre or backrow.

And of Gray, Wighton and Mitchell, one probably becomes the eventual 6 replacing Cody.

Ilias gets a year to transition to 9 if they do want additional 9 options for Cook moving on.
The club may even see Ilias as a 6 option.

Dodd is a left footer and plays on the left so if he comes then he either shifts to the right or Cody/Latrell/Jack move to the right. All are left footers who play on the left.

Mixed responses about him from fans.

Some saying he isn't even the best half back at St Helens and bagging the signing.

while some are saying he is a good signing.

What to make of it, who knows?
We could sign Cleary and Hass and some fans would complain.

Remember when our fans got annoyed because we had to let Beau Champion go to get GI?

We could sign Cleary and Hass and some fans would complain.

Remember when our fans got annoyed because we had to let Beau Champion go to get GI?

It's not our fans doing the complaining.

Some english and opposition fans who claim to watch super league.

It's been positive from Souths fans

The club may even see Ilias as a 6 option.

Dodd is a left footer and plays on the left so if he comes then he either shifts to the right or Cody/Latrell/Jack move to the right. All are left footers who play on the left.
So we’ve bought a left side, running 7? I.e a 6? :)

It’s an interesting one.

In a squad with Walker, Wighton, Gray and
Mitchell, I just don’t see how you prioritise a space for Ilias. Him making the side on merit would be a bonus, not the plan. Especially given the leash they gave him to date.

Ilias as the very solid backup 7 while he develops more seems more apt. The if he wins a place on merit, great.

Last edited:
So we’ve bought a left side, running 7? I.e a 6? :)

It’s an interesting one.

In a squad with Walker, Wighton, Gray and
Mitchell, I just don’t see how you prioritise a space for Ilias. Him making the side on merit would be a bonus, not the plan. Especially given the leash they gave him to date.

Ilias as the very solid backup 7 while he develops more seems more apt. The if he wins a place on merit, great.
Yes Illias is a great backup 7. He may even turn out to be the best 7. If we get him playing 6 when he comes back we have the halves covered if our 7 does go down, or if Cody gets dropped or calls it quits. Dodd if he's a lefty could also slot into 6 if the coach is looking in that direction. It's all good news for depth no matter what.

Latest posts

Back