• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

RabbitJ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It’s going to be another interesting week.

I am very much looking forward to Team List Tuesday.

Not much will change to be honest.

I dont see how we beat the Dogs on current form. It would be a massive shift in attitude and fitness.

Attitude can be fixed quickly but fitness takes time and we struggle in that area.

The Bulldogs are quite easily the worst team to lose to in the NRL. Freaking unbearable fans.
They would be getting as much joy out of our position as the Rooster fans would.

It’s going to be another interesting week.

I am very much looking forward to Team List Tuesday.
Looking at the table makes you fed up. The whole club needs to lift from Management to Coaches to players. We need Pride back in our great jersey. As supporters we have more passion and take losses harder than the lot of them. 4 from the last 16 and 5 straight losses and Russell backs the coach??????????. Where is the accountability?

Roosters fans are apathetic. You can walk out of their ground after a loss without a word said to you.

Bulldogs supporters will abuse your children (from experience).
And key your car (has happened to me)...

Latrell Mitchell absolutely destroyed Canterbury in the corresponding match last year. I’m tipping him to explode

Jye Gray should be picked! He’s exactly what our team lacks! I don’t understand our reluctance to give young guys a chance, and persist with non first graders! The kid is 20 years old as well…it’s not like he’s 18?!

Roosters fans are apathetic. You can walk out of their ground after a loss without a word said to you.

Bulldogs supporters will abuse your children (from experience).
Yeah like you living in the area makes it worse. We still get to see the reminder of the Blue and White paint from the 2009 prelim that they played against Parra on the road.

With the Roosters I had the odd one or 2 Friday night. Had to have a go at one guy for touching my mate. But that was it.

I guess with me at Bulldogs games by the time I leave usually after a win they have already left.

Jye Gray should be picked! He’s exactly what our team lacks! I don’t understand our reluctance to give young guys a chance, and persist with non first graders! The kid is 20 years old as well…it’s not like he’s 18?!

Agree 100%

He already carving up on lower grades, he isn't going to get any bigger in size.

Not saying his selection automatically turns is into a top 4 team.

But it's time to reward form players and drop players not performing.

I feel like if we can manage the culture / attitude issue we’ll beat the Bulldogs no matter who’s selected. But if we don’t we’ll get pumped no matter who’s selected.

Can we really turn attitude around in a week? Benji did it. Pray for JD…

Hohhhhhh. Thank God it's Monday so we can finally dump that awful game last Friday and start looking forward to the next one. Really looking forward to this one as we take on one of our other traditional rivals, the Bulldogs in the annual Good Friday easter showdown. Us and the Dogs is a fierce rivalry. I think fierce is the perfect way to describe it. While it might not have the bitter hatred of say Rabbitohs-Roosters, no doubt there is some genuine dislike between our two clubs, especially between the two fan bases. The rivalry stretches back almost 100 years now and there is a lot of water that has gone under the bridge. Huge games, Finals games, Grand Finals, there's been all sorts of moments over the years.

But the rivalry has really been taken to the next level since 2012 when this traditional Good Friday match was established. Since then, it's always been one to circle on the Calander and one you always look forward to. This week is no different as we come into another Good Friday.

The occasion is made even bigger by the fact that not only is it our first game at home, but it is probably one of the most pressure games we'll ever experience as fans. The club is massively under fire in this one and the heat is on. It's an absolute must-win. If we could somehow get it done, it releases the valve a little and we may be able to kick-start the Season. But lose, and boy oh boy, it's dark days. The Season would just about be over in Round 4.

It's certainly not going to be an easy one. In fact, I think this may be one of the toughest Good Friday challenges we've ever faced. I know they were playing the Titans, but Canterbury looked really good last week, they'll smell blood in the water and will be coming for us. It's a huge game for them too so they'll be up for it.

I just want to see this week become a real 'enough is enough' week. Get some passion, pride back and sort our shit out. We can do this and I'm still behind the boys all the way.

Can't wait to be there! My first ever Souths home game and I'll be sitting in the burrow screaming my lungs out.

Latest posts

Back