• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

Few in the 60s, Bishop, Millward, Gray, Bolton

Hanley played 5/8 & lock
Sean Edwards had a go
George Williams didn’t give it much of a go

Lot of them get homesick
Except Tommy Bishop, he’s still here, and Johnny Gray too
Thanks but those seem a long time ago.

Tommy Bishop was a good old fashioned annoying mouthy half

How many halves from England have made it the Australian comp over the years? Plenty of forwards and wingers but not sure about halves.
You could include Garath Widdup. He came across from England when he was 17, not into the NRL though. Played in the Melbourne comp before his debu for the Storm in 2010. But he was a half from England.

How many English halves have tried?

I feel like people talk about them not aiming up, I feel like not many have pursued the opportunity?

Widdop and Williams spring to mind. They both gave good accounts of themselves.

Bennett hasn't ruled out Illias starting at 7 at the moment if anyone has bothered to listen to his comments. I suppose the many haters he has on this forum have hearing problems and haven't picked up on that. I would be positively chumped if he can throw egg all over certain posters on here's chins next year with Uncle Wayne beating the eggs.

Bennett hasn't ruled out Illias starting at 7 at the moment if anyone has bothered to listen to his comments. I suppose the many haters he has on this forum have hearing problems and haven't picked up on that. I would be positively chumped if he can throw egg all over certain posters on here's chins next year with Uncle Wayne beating the eggs.
You could be correct as WB is very defence focused and Illias is a good defensive half. I doubt it though. Dropping a popular player is always a tough call but something successful clubs like the Roosters manager to do and they stay in the top 4 as a consequence. I see Dodds inclusion as a change equally as positive as transferring the long kicking duties from Cody to Latrell. Positive change is good. Now Illias has to change his kicking game to get back in the side which he can do. It's all about returning to the top 4 and nothing to do with eggs.

Yeah, being a leg injury, I can’t see Ilias coming back a much better player than he left. Especially considering his kicking was what he needed to work on most.

If he was to regain the 7 jersey in the early part of the season, I’d assume it would be due to Dodd’s poor form or injury.

It’s possible playing some 9 helps his 7 game. Not quite the same but Ben Hunt had a similar development pathway. And yes, he can develop further given some time this season that his contract length has bought him.

He’s part of the COVID class to be fair and did debut a year before he was probably ready to.

It’s hard to tell, but Dodd does look to have some speed off the mark (even post injury). He’s a natural running half who’s transitioned to trying to be a game manager. Will be interesting to see how he goes once he lands.

Far from a sure thing, but with what we saw this year they are both better options than Hawkins and Teaupa. So it’s an upgrade regardless.

Reactions: CCR
Warrington have not conceded a try 3 games in a row now. 16-2, 66-0 and 54-0 overnight. Some effort that, has that been done before?

To take it a little further, they are first in attack and defence too currently.

Warrington have not conceded a try 3 games in a row now. 16-2, 66-0 and 54-0 overnight. Some effort that, has that been done before?

To take it a little further, they are first in attack and defence too currently.

I can’t believe I’m genuinely looking forward to an ESL finals series.

Only once has a team put 30 on them this season, and they score 30+ every second week. Their differential is over 400 points. Warrington and Sam are having a great season and go all the way. That's the kind of season we want for 2025.

I can’t believe I’m genuinely looking forward to an ESL finals series.
This is the first time I’ve been interested in the ESL since we signed Madge and we all wanted a look at how Wigan played.

Yeah, being a leg injury, I can’t see Ilias coming back a much better player than he left. Especially considering his kicking was what he needed to work on most.

If he was to regain the 7 jersey in the early part of the season, I’d assume it would be due to Dodd’s poor form or injury.

It’s possible playing some 9 helps his 7 game. Not quite the same but Ben Hunt had a similar development pathway. And yes, he can develop further given some time this season that his contract length has bought him.

He’s part of the COVID class to be fair and did debut a year before he was probably ready to.

It’s hard to tell, but Dodd does look to have some speed off the mark (even post injury). He’s a natural running half who’s transitioned to trying to be a game manager. Will be interesting to see how he goes once he lands.

Far from a sure thing, but with what we saw this year they are both better options than Hawkins and Teaupa. So it’s an upgrade regardless.
I'm not death riding Dodd and hope he's an absolute superstar. Just putting it out there that Illias has been forgotten regarding the conversation on next year's 7, but has not been forgotten by Wayne, who must have wanted to keep him and has spoken of him recently.

Back