• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

The left foot kickers or lack of right foot kickers is a coincidence and would have to be unusual. I am of the school that it doesn't make any difference as a good kick is a good kick regardless. Many would disagree with me though.
It’s much hard standing on the right and kicking across your body with your left foot. You end up turning your body away from dummy half, can’t see the pressure coming from marker, can’t step if you decide to run

It’s much hard standing on the right and kicking across your body with your left foot. You end up turning your body away from dummy half, can’t see the pressure coming from marker, can’t step if you decide to run
Which increases your risk of injury too as you’ll have defenders at your leg and increases your likelihood of sending it out on the full as your angles are all buggered up.

Sezer stands out as one, can’t remember too many others being the dominant kicker as a leftie on the right.

I’ll hazard a guess that the dominant kicker (Dodd) will get to spend most of the time on his preferred side of the field (the left).

Luckily Cody got some experience this season on how, whilst playing right, to also make himself available over on the left as well (which we saw a little more of against the Roosters, despite Wighton being the left side half).

Mind you, it’s probably less of an issue if Trell is doing a good share of the long kicking.

The left side can be lethal with Cody next season, but saying that he was still good on the right this year and in a losing team. He can still combine with Latrell on the right and Graham also.

I was wondering how teams that have 2 right footers manage. Like Keary and Walker. If it is mainly the dominant kicker gets the preferred side then Cody would play right and Dodd left then. We could have a very good right side attack then next year, especially if Munro plays right wing.

Expecting Dodd to line up at 7 tomorrow for St Helens. St Helens 6th play Leigh Leopards 5th tomorrow 5am. Both teams have qualified for the finals already, unlike us. If St Helens win they will finish 4th and play Salford in the elimination final. If they loose they will finish 6th and play Warrington 3rd, Sam Burgess' team, in the elimination final. Better not to play Warrington.

Leopards 18 def St Helens 12. I thought Dodd was a bit flat this morning. Nothing really good or bad either. He made all his tackles, including stopping a runaway intercept. Kicking and passing were ok, but nothing special. St Helens needed a playmaker and losing Mbye before kickoff hurt them. Welsby at FB had a night to forget too. I thought Dodd would produce something in the last 20 mins and turn the game but didn't step up. They needed a Cody Walker. Elimination final St Helens v Warrington. I think Sam's team will be too strong and could go all the way.

Haven't yet seen last nights game but in an earlier game against Hull he passed all his ball and only ran as a suppport to score 2 backup tries. He will need to be more involved than that for us .
WB will certainly put the acid on him to be more of a link and mix up his game and run the ball before passing. He does have a short kicking game but needs to do more....!!!!

Haven't yet seen last nights game but in an earlier game against Hull he passed all his ball and only ran as a suppport to score 2 backup tries. He will need to be more involved than that for us .
WB will certainly put the acid on him to be more of a link and mix up his game and run the ball before passing. He does have a short kicking game but needs to do more....!!!!

His highlight packages look really good but it’s obviously hard to gauge a player overall from them, but he does like to run at the line, he backs up well, seems to have a nose for a try or a break, seems there’s plenty to work with

A lot depends on the game plan. Wellens apparently wants most plays going down the right or middle and Dodd plays 2nd receiver on the left. Its the last play that nearly always goes down the left to Dodd. Except for yesterday as a lot of last play options went to Lomax instead, probably due to the injury to Mbye. For us though it is up to WB to shape a game plan that will utilise Dodds strengths more than Wellens does.

His highlight packages look really good but it’s obviously hard to gauge a player overall from them, but he does like to run at the line, he backs up well, seems to have a nose for a try or a break, seems there’s plenty to work with

Most of his highlights are pre-injury TBF.

How many halves from England have made it the Australian comp over the years? Plenty of forwards and wingers but not sure about halves.

How many halves from England have made it the Australian comp over the years? Plenty of forwards and wingers but not sure about halves.

Few in the 60s, Bishop, Millward, Gray, Bolton

Hanley played 5/8 & lock
Sean Edwards had a go
George Williams didn’t give it much of a go

Lot of them get homesick
Except Tommy Bishop, he’s still here, and Johnny Gray too

Back