• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

I can’t believe I’m genuinely looking forward to an ESL finals series.
You get some good finals matches. Their GF during COVID was all-time.

Most regular season matches are a waste of time. It's like taking 4 NRL clubs and playing them in a reserve grade comp.

I'm not death riding Dodd and hope he's an absolute superstar. Just putting it out there that Illias has been forgotten regarding the conversation on next year's 7, but has not been forgotten by Wayne, who must have wanted to keep him and has spoken of him recently.
Jaime Humphries could be better than both.

Jaime Humphries could be better than both.
Very possible. I watched him play a couple of games and looks a real talent. With regard to Spine players we have some serious potential. Humphreys 22, Illias 24, Dodd 22, Gray 20 and PM 23. All good players already. The next 3 years under WB will only further their development, if we can keep them all. The future of our spine looks very good to me.
If any of them are poached, which is possible, then we should target someone like the 18 year old Harry Robinson from St Helens.

Last edited:
There is a lot to like in this video:

Caveats there are, how many of those speed-off-the mark running highlights are from post achilles injury?

And how effective is the short ball to Sironen/edge backrower going to be at the NRL level?

Short kicking and support play look unquestionably strong.

Caveats there are, how many of those speed-off-the mark running highlights are from post achilles injury?
Looked terrible early on after his return, but was running freely and looked good in the finals
And how effective is the short ball to Sironen/edge backrower going to be at the NRL level?
Depends on our structures and how he sets it up
His long kicking game is good as well. Kid hits the ball sweetly

You can ask questions for any new signing in regards to how well they will fit in and function.

If he can kick well that’s a start we haven’t had a good kicking game (apart from the 6 weeks where Trell did in play kicking) the last few years it’s been unacceptable.

If he can kick well that’s a start we haven’t had a good kicking game (apart from the 6 weeks where Trell did in play kicking) the last few years it’s been unacceptable.
These long high kicks from Trell will be very useful. Late in the Eliminator against Warrington Dodd kicked low from his own half on the 40 it stopped ingoal. Reynolds was the last to do something like that for us. Turns an ordinary set into a good set.

These long high kicks from Trell will be very useful. Late in the Eliminator against Warrington Dodd kicked low from his own half on the 40 it stopped ingoal. Reynolds was the last to do something like that for us. Turns an ordinary set into a good set.
If that’s true mate I’m excited re Dodd. To kick from your own 40 and get it to stop in goal can change momentum at a key time in the game. But as the saying goes a kick is only as good as it’s chase. If we wanna get back into that top 8 next year we greatly need to improve our effort areas across the board.

I suppose that the season has ended I should show some interest in Dodds. Anyone know when he is expected to arrive at training?

Humphries has been bought as a 9.

I mean, sure. But the fact he’s played half his entire career to date (bar an off season and a few games here and there at 9, mostly off the bench) doesn’t just evaporate.

This isn’t a Damien Cook situation, where yes he played other positions coming through, but had fully transitioned to hooker (with quality first grade appearances in the position by the time he got here).

This is a guy who has played a minuscule amount of 9 to date. Yes, our staff have said they think there’s an NRL 9 there. That’s still purely a theory at this stage though.

Meaning sure, go in with a plan, but his skillset and experience are part of his kit bag that you’ll leverage as you need to as the season progresses.

Anybody speaking with any authority on the 7 and 9 for this side beyond the opening months of the season has a lot more faith than I do. There are massive question marks there. Plenty of options. But questions still.

Back