• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Vote which current ref do you dislike most?

Who is your most hated current NRL referee?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I think what annoys me is this whole "put the whistle away" in big games mentality.

It also happens more often towards the end of close matches.

Teams stand offside, hold down in the ruck and push the limits so much more which ruins the spectacle to some extent.

But some nuffies think its great because the ref only blew 3-4 penalties...
Or when they don’t penalise a player for 3 metres offside but they then penalise a player from the other team for offside when they’re only half a metre offside 😆

I really don’t like Klein. He has an ability to see things very differently set to set and comes up with more head scratchers than the rest.

Sutton would be my favourite, for me he is at least the most consistent from kick off to full time.
And yet Klein got the GF go figure 🤷‍♂️ I found it funny Todd Smith and Atkins got finals games yet Gee didn’t and he reffed the GF last year 🤷‍♂️

I watch a fair bit of footy.

I also watch every second of every Souths game.

I couldnt tell you anything about any ref. To me they are insignificant to any result.

Refereeing went to shit once they went down the route of game management rather than officiating, and it hasn't recovered. I've died on the hill of refereeing tip sheets enough on here.

Other than that, I don't like the way Grant Atkins talks down to players. The rest of them are victims of the system.
Agreed, I refed country A grade level and as ex-player tried to let the game flow. I feel for the NRL refs. They have 3 people in their ear and it must be a pain in the butt. Also the Ref was the boss his word was final but not now. The ref in the box is in charge. He/she calls when players should be, on report, binned or sent off. He/she calls tries. It is a mess.

Atkins is a pig to the players. He reminds me of Cartman's line in South Park "respect my authority". I think being confident in your decision is a must a as a ref but there is a difference between confident and acting like a dictator. Dictator is probably a bit extreme but that is all I can think of right now.

Klein is the only one I could definitely pick out of a line up.

Atkins maybe (I know he’s tallish with short brown hair?).

Half the others I know their name from media chat.

But there are a couple in that list I wouldn’t know from a bar of soap.

It was a big waffle and pretty boring in my eyes. Definitely missed Richo 😄

In fact the only thing I thought had merit was Flanno saying to stop assuming if you’re a ref, you’re a bunker official too. Treat them as separate roles requiring different skills and strengths and training etc. Not the worst idea, I guess its sort of like assuming all players could be a coach.

It was a big waffle and pretty boring in my eyes. Definitely missed Richo 😄

In fact the only thing I thought had merit was Flanno saying to stop assuming if you’re a ref, you’re a bunker official too. Treat them as separate roles requiring different skills and strengths and training etc. Not the worst idea, I guess its sort of like assuming all players could be a coach.

It’s still treating the in-grown nail when your leg needs to be amputated. :)

James Graham is doing the “Rugby League Roundtable” again with Ep1 out today on the refs if anyone is interested in listening:

I'm listening to it at the moment.

**** me Brent Read is just a flog.

He talks as much as Richo did last year, without any of the insights.

I'm listening to it at the moment.

**** me Brent Read is just a flog.

He talks as much as Richo did last year, without any of the insights.

Hes such a Pollyanna. Can’t handle any change regardless of how well 5hought out or good it is. Constantly sobs ”but but why change it”🤮

Keep the votes coming guys we are at 25 so far I reckon we can double that easily 😊

So 74.2percent votes to Atkins so far can’t say I’m surprised! He’s like a bad germ you can not rid yourself of!

Latest posts

Back