• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

St Helens should win their last 2 games. I don't think they will win this week. Unlikely they lose all 3 and just as unlikely Leopards, Dragons and Rhinos all pass Saints. Only the Devils might pass them.

Hopefully he does get back soon. Would be great to get to watch him in some finals intensity games prior to 2025 kicking off.

After watching our kicking game last night I am looking forward to the arrival of Dodd. At least that part of our game along with his support play is covered. Not forgetting the boot of Latrell and Jack either. We could have one of the better kicking games in the comp in 2025. What a huge difference that will make.

I would temper expectations on his boot from what I’ve watched so far. Cleary or Moses (or even Reynolds) he is not.

Would certainly love for him to solve that problem for us. Fingers crossed.

I just feel like the great kicking thing is more hype than reality.

Especially when to get it, he either needs to move Cody to the wrong side of the field, or transition himself.

I’m more excited about Latrell finally taking on long kicking duties this season. Hopefully that keeps up, as he genuinely has a good long kicking game which will only improve if utilised.

I am suggesting it as a combo of all 3, Dodd, Jack and Latrell. I agree that Cleary and Reynolds did it all themselves where I don't think Dodd will. Latrell and Jack for long kicks out of our own end and Dodd for 40m out and less as a blueprint.

I am suggesting it as a combo of all 3, Dodd, Jack and Latrell. I agree that Cleary and Reynolds did it all themselves where I don't think Dodd will. Latrell and Jack for long kicks out of our own end and Dodd for 40m out and less as a blueprint.

Agree. Best guy for the job would be refreshing. So often teams get weird about whose job is what, to their detriment.

Also I don't know if there will be specific sides but I see your point that they both are better on the left. I don't see why Dodd can't play right side, if that is going to be a thing next season. I don't see why you can't play right side if you are a left footer anyway. The player just has to be good enough. I am tiring of seeing kicks go out on the full, giving away 7 tackle sets and grubbers blocked by oppositions legs.

I find it really weird that all our kicking options next year are left side and left footed players.

Dodd. Walker. Latrell. Wighton.

Who is going to play and kick on the right side? (Yes I know there’s more to it than just that, but it’s odd).

The left foot kickers or lack of right foot kickers is a coincidence and would have to be unusual. I am of the school that it doesn't make any difference as a good kick is a good kick regardless. Many would disagree with me though.

Also I don't know if there will be specific sides but I see your point that they both are better on the left. I don't see why Dodd can't play right side, if that is going to be a thing next season. I don't see why you can't play right side if you are a left footer anyway. The player just has to be good enough. I am tiring of seeing kicks go out on the full, giving away 7 tackle sets and grubbers blocked by oppositions legs.
Maybe I'm old school, but for mine, a 7 should be able to play and pass both sides confidently. If this isn't today's norm, it just shows how badly the coaching structures have fallen in our junior systems.

Maybe I'm old school, but for mine, a 7 should be able to play and pass both sides confidently. If this isn't today's norm, it just shows how badly the coaching structures have fallen in our junior systems.
I agree with that. Latrell for example is as effective when he chips in on both sides. Either direction, his passing game is dangerous. They are the best players after all.

St Helens play Castleford next Friday, over there time, probably be Saturday morning here. Hard to get info but it looks like Dodd will be returning for that game. Last time they met they lost 8-6. Prior to that they put 60 on them. I expect St Helens to win comfortably in this one. It is also at home for them at the, wait for it, "Totally Wicked Stadium". What a great name for a home ground!

If you wanted to see a bit more of Dodd I think St Helens 6th will scrape into their top 6. They will win this week and due to a high differential that will do it for them. I think they will win the final game also against the Leopards 5th but if they win this week they wont need to. Leeds Rhinos 7th are on the same points as St Helens 28, but they play teams 1 and 2 on the ladder. Even if the top 2 teams rested players Leeds would have to win both as their differential is way behind St Helens. Catalans Dragons 8th on 26 will win their last 2 games against the bottom 2 teams but have a low differential, 155 less than St Helens. Without a major upset, the top 6 should stay the same for the finals. The teams differential is really important for the final spots.

Fairly easy win for St Helens. Dodds game was solid. Except for one pass his passes were all in the right spot. Involved in a few quick shifts too. He did a good "show and go" that nearly set up a try. He is not used as their playmaker as most plays go down the right but he is definately their go to kicker. Last play is nearly always his. Dodd put a lot of pressure on Castleford with some very accurate short high bombs, some under rushing defence. Not the NRL quality defence though. There was a good thread the needle kick near the line too. Also was very vocal with orders on the field. Once to the ref, who could be Adam Doueihi's twin, which resulted in a backchat charge. All up if Wayne can transition the ESL scrum half Dodd to NRL half back then we will have a kicking game that we have missed since Adam Reynolds.

Latest posts

Back