• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Plenty of depth if Cookie leaves, Mamo, Havili, Jye Grey even Lauchie Illias? Perfect number 14’s, utility’s off the bench…

You believe what you want mate.
Maybe I'm a cynic but I don't believe a word these guys write.
I think Cook is a pretty good price at 650. I thought he'd demand more than that but who's to say that that is the figure anyway?

Plenty of depth if Cookie leaves, Mamo, Havili, Jye Grey even Lauchie Illias? Perfect number 14’s, utility’s off the bench…
Havili isn’t a hooker anymore he’s putrid. We need a back up hooker can’t go in with just Pete into 2025

Cook turns 33 next week. He'll be 34 and a half when his contract with Souths expires. Absolutely the right time to move him on and use that cash to shore up our middles or outside backs.

He can earn some big cash elsewhere and then come back and join our high performance team when he retires.

He should go to England though - he can carve up there for a few seasons.

Damien’s not gonna give up the 650k mate why would he that’s his contract for next year I wouldn’t give it up. So either Dragons pay it all which they won’t we pay part of it or thirdly we keep him. Options 1 of them paying the whole amount and option 3 of us keeping him are unlikely therefore we have to pay part of it.

Just like Keppie this season Manly are paying some of his first year with us
I think the point is - how do we know the Dragons wont pay the full 650K?

The Journo is just speculating and we have no idea if they will/wont pay 650K (or potentially more even).

Is Bellamy not a good coach because he hasn’t been tested at Tigers or Titans?
Well we don't know that now, do we and it isn't going to happen so it's a mute point. I don't know what people are reading because I never said the guy wasn't a good coach . I stated; if people would be bothered reading that I won't be talking him up until he actually gets here. Jeez, it's pointless commenting on anything on here. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Without Cook our spine is weaker. I can't quite get my head around why we would want to go into 2025 with a weaker spine. Unless there is a plan we are not aware of.
I agree.

And I’m very keen to move him on. But as you say, not if there’s no plan we’re not aware of.

I hope there’s a plan we’re not aware of 🤞

Big news but honestly, I don't mind if Cook goes. Happy for him to stay, but I'm certainly not against him going.

Look, he's still a decent enough hooker but there's no doubt he's past his prime and I just don't think his output matches his pay grade anymore. If we could have him move on and Pete step up for much cheaper (which I believe he can do), then I'm all for it.

This has Wayne written all over it. If he wanted him, we wouldn't be having this discussion or reading this article. And who knows? Wayne may be cooking up something else. No pun intended.

Two points on Cook that have been raised.

Why let him go and pay some freight.

Losing him will weaken our spine.

The way I see things he only has 1 more year with us so it is a win win.

He stays good and if he get an offer from somewhere else and we let him go with not paying part of the deal good.

I for one will be a bit melancholy to see him leave. He has been a good player and while with us developed into the premier hooker in the NRL, played SOO and for Australia.

I'll be sorry to see Cookie go. He's a brilliant bloke and helped us get seriously close to 22.

But, he's a Run-first hooker when the best in the NRL are now Pass-first.

The best #9s are now schemers, organisers, number-counters. Grant. Egan. Robson. Api.

Fast brains but slow feet. That's never been Cookie's strength.

Big news but honestly, I don't mind if Cook goes. Happy for him to stay, but I'm certainly not against him going.

Look, he's still a decent enough hooker but there's no doubt he's past his prime and I just don't think his output matches his pay grade anymore. If we could have him move on and Pete step up for much cheaper (which I believe he can do), then I'm all for it.

This has Wayne written all over it. If he wanted him, we wouldn't be having this discussion or reading this article. And who knows? Wayne may be cooking up something else. No pun intended.
Agree. When WB coached us I can't recall carrying a hooker on the bench. Usually 3 forwards and a utility type player like MCK or the likes of Cartwright back then.

Forgot to comment on this yesterday, but this is one hell of an appointment. He's certainly had the Broncos attack firing in the last couple of years.

I'm a little confused by this appointmrnt.

All off season, for months, I was arguing with people who insisted Adam Reynolds was the real Broncos coach and he was totally responsible for their attack and improvement in that area.

Well who woulda thunk, they do have a real attack coach in place.

Oh who to believe......................................

Back