• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Will have to pay part of his deal though
Not necessarily.
He‘s not in the fire sale class, remembering that he’s only 1 season out of the Origin frame. The Dragons are his junior club and they need a quality hooker….it should be win/win if we play our cards.

Has anyone heard from @Nifty?

I hope the excitement of the announcement hasn't given him a heart attack!

🤣

Has anyone heard from @Nifty?

I hope the excitement of the announcement hasn't given him a heart attack!

🤣
If the Cook deal happens, I'd like to see us keep Lachie,I believe Wayne could turn him into a really good 9,,he has all the attributes of the modern day 9,defensively, passing, kicking and would offer abit of pace out of dummy half ,plus he could cover 7 ,6 and 4 at a pinch

All for moving Cook on. We don’t have another 9 in the club outside Mamo though so you’d want to poach one of the next best things in that 20-22 bracket or someone steady I’m guessing.

Sounds like it’s a done deal, these things don’t get leaked unless it’s way down the road, and if Wayne wanted him he’d be staying and no chat. I hope it’s not a swap for jack Please 🙏

Yep. Very nuanced situation.

Hooker is a position of strength for us currently.

But we do have other needs.

My current dream hit list (given speculation) would be to gain Dodd, Clarke, Aitken and an ESL bench prop. If you could do that and only lose Tom, Cook and Ilias, I think I’m in.

And as Bully outlined, you 100% (so important) need to recruit an NRL ready backup up hooker. Someone you are incredibly comfortable playing up to 12-14 games a season in case of emergency.

Perhaps that becomes Ilias if they can’t move him on.

But there are certainly some considerations and caveats that would need to happen to make this a home run deal.

Yep. Very nuanced situation.

Hooker is a position of strength for us currently.

But we do have other needs.

My current dream hit list (given speculation) would be to gain Dodd, Clarke, Aitken and an ESL bench prop. If you could do that and only lose Tom, Cook and Ilias, I think I’m in.

And as Bully outlined, you 100% (so important) need to recruit an NRL ready backup up hooker. Someone you are incredibly comfortable playing up to 12-14 games a season in case of emergency.

Perhaps that becomes Ilias if they can’t move him on.

But there are certainly some considerations and caveats that would need to happen to make this a home run deal.
I don’t think Pete can handle 80mins every week at this level yet we would need a solid enough hooker to be 14 most weeks.

Jeeze we donate solid hookers to other clubs don't we.

Glad the beach sprinter has an opportunity at the flogans.

He could play until 36-37 he is incredible physical shape. Just not a good fit for what we need moving forward but would be an amazing buy for another club.

I do hope he returns as part of coaching staff.

If you get someone at 250k as a 14 and we pay 150k of Cook 650k that only leaves us 250k to spend still not a big amount.

Latest posts

Back