• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I’m still getting over Cook getting paid $650k a year for what he dishes out. What a bad contract and needs to be rectified.

How can we have salary cap oressurehave a look at our roster.
Milne Gags thingamebob notcounting plodders!

Strange that we are the anti-roosters in regards to wages in the media.

Article from 28th May 2024.

Screenshotted from my own phone -

Now he's 650k from the same journos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240613_205012_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240613_205012_Chrome.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 50
I’m still getting over Cook getting paid $650k a year for what he dishes out. What a bad contract and needs to be rectified.
Representative quality player.

80 mins week in, week out.

Never suspended.

Never injured.

Fittest at our club.

One of the best effort players at our club.

Leader.

Mentor.

Not dishing out much 😳😂

One thing I did notice about our defence under Wayne was our lack of slowing down the play the ball. It was obviously a tactic. I remember an opposition player saying in an interview that we were the quickest team in the comp to get into our shape in attack. My thought was that the plan was for the other team to get through their tackles so quick they couldn't get a set move organised. Either way I'm all of a sudden enjoying this year more and can't wait for next year.
Wayne has always maintained his stance on wrestling tactics, he said he hated to see it come into the game and I’d be surprised if any of his teams had trained for that crap. If nothing else the 6 again rule has done a great service to the game by making it counter productive. The game is flowing so much better as a result.

Strange that we are the anti-roosters in regards to wages in the media.

Article from 28th May 2024.

Screenshotted from my own phone -

Now he's 650k from the same journos.
Yep…”journalists” make stuff up to suit their narrative.

I remember last year Cook was supposedly on close to $900k according to posters on here, who are now parroting that he’s on $650k.

And the whole Cook to Dragons thing is being pushed as “Souths under salary cap pressure” by the media, because it’s “Souths in crisis”, which sells whatever they sell these days.

But if you dig just a little deeper…

…based on what the club has been reported as saying to Cook’s manager: “We aren’t planning to extend Cook past ‘25” and “we won’t stand in his way if he can secure a longer contract at another club”

This has been extrapolated to:

We will be contributing part of Cook’s contract, in a deal with St George.

And

We are under salary cap pressure.

And people then believe this drivel and repeat it ad nauseam.

Yep…”journalists” make stuff up to suit their narrative.

I remember last year Cook was supposedly on close to $900k according to posters on here, who are now parroting that he’s on $650k.

And the whole Cook to Dragons thing is being pushed as “Souths under salary cap pressure” by the media, because it’s “Souths in crisis”, which sells whatever they sell these days.

But if you dig just a little deeper…

…based on what the club has been reported as saying to Cook’s manager: “We aren’t planning to extend Cook past ‘25” and “we won’t stand in his way if he can secure a longer contract at another club”

This has been extrapolated to:

We will be contributing part of Cook’s contract, in a deal with St George.

And

We are under salary cap pressure.

And people then believe this drivel and repeat it ad nauseam.
Well I would argue all clubs are under salary cap pressure - that’s kind of the point of having a cap.

Back