• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I dont think we would be paying him anything if he goes to the Dragons.

We release him and they pick up his salary.

We use that $600K on a middle or edge forward is a win win for us.
That is not how the article reads.

If we had of been able to sign JMK, I would support this move. We would still have 2 good hookers available and the difference in class between JMK and Cook is not as pronounced, if one exists at all.

Although I agree it would be great to add a quality forward to our roster, the last time we banked on our youth to replace quality and experience in a spine position….. We all know how that turned out.

Happy for Cook to leave but makes no sense for us to pay any of his contract.

Maybe a player swap if Dragons have a good young forward coming through

If you get someone at 250k as a 14 and we pay 150k of Cook 650k that only leaves us 250k to spend still not a big amount.
I could be wrong but wouldn't it be the $$$ balance if Cook goes to STG plus the $$$ we intend to spend on purchasing another player.

That is not how the article reads.

If we had of been able to sign JMK, I would support this move. We would still have 2 good hookers available and the difference in class between JMK and Cook is not as pronounced, if one exists at all.

Although I agree it would be great to add a quality forward to our roster, the last time we banked on our youth to replace quality and experience in a spine position….. We all know how that turned out.
Doesnt mean it is accurate.

Dragons are just probably just peddling that so it makes it look like Flanno got a good deal.

I don’t think Pete can handle 80mins every week at this level yet we would need a solid enough hooker to be 14 most weeks.
I mean, maybe, maybe not.

He’ll be 24 next year with close to 30 appearances under his belt and a wealth of lower grade experience. So he isn’t a kid as such.

You also have the option of upskilling a middle forward in the offseason to play some 9 for 20 minutes a game if you want (Havili, Duncan, Murray, whoever). We have surplus skilled middles arguably.

And as I said, you certainly add a reliable depth piece to cover injury, suspension and form.

But again, comes down to what a move likes this sures up.

I'm fine with Cook going, as long as we go to market for an NRL quality hooker to replace him.
Otherwise we can just get out all the old Ilias posts and replace Lachy with Pete... will save some time. ;)

So we have a hooker who has played hooker all his career. Been great in first grade for his limited opportunities and we want to manufacture one from a centre/halfback.

I could be wrong but wouldn't it be the $$$ balance if Cook goes to STG plus the $$$ we intend to spend on purchasing another player.
I think it’s a bit like when we didn’t have cap space to keep Aj, but were actually trying to get JAC in the background

It’s a nice way of saying ‘you’re not really wanted’

I'm fine with Cook going, as long as we go to market for an NRL quality hooker to replace him.
There’s actually a few good English hookers in ESL, most have pretty decent kick games out of dummy half as well

Why in the world would you believe what's written in an article?
Damien’s not gonna give up the 650k mate why would he that’s his contract for next year I wouldn’t give it up. So either Dragons pay it all which they won’t we pay part of it or thirdly we keep him. Options 1 of them paying the whole amount and option 3 of us keeping him are unlikely therefore we have to pay part of it.

Just like Keppie this season Manly are paying some of his first year with us

Back