• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I'm a little confused by this appointmrnt.

All off season, for months, I was arguing with people who insisted Adam Reynolds was the real Broncos coach and he was totally responsible for their attack and improvement in that area.

Well who woulda thunk, they do have a real attack coach in place.

Oh who to believe......................................

You always cry and sook if someone mentions Reynolds on this forum but here you are doing it again šŸ˜‚

The Dragons deal would require a contribution to Cook's salary for 2025. His current contract is worth about $650,000 a season.
So, because it was written in an article, itā€™s gospel?

St George approached us about offering him a 2 year deal, and all weā€™ve said (according to the rumour) is that we wouldnā€™t stand in his way of securing a longer term deal.

I would be surprised if we kick money into see him leave early.

And Iā€™d be ok if Cookie saw out his contract with us.

But I think the club is doing the right thing by a long serving player and giving him the opportunity to secure a longer contract elsewhere.

Two points on Cook that have been raised.

Why let him go and pay some freight.

Losing him will weaken our spine.

The way I see things he only has 1 more year with us so it is a win win.

He stays good and if he get an offer from somewhere else and we let him go with not paying part of the deal good.

I for one will be a bit melancholy to see him leave. He has been a good player and while with us developed into the premier hooker in the NRL, played SOO and for Australia.
I donā€™t see Cook as a fire sale proposition. The Dragons may well ask for a subsidy but letā€™s not forget that he was an Origin level player only last season. They may have a quality number 9 as a priority target and we have probably the best one theyā€™re likely to find for 2025. Souths should play it down the line, if you want Cook then take him at his current value and give him an extra season as a sweetener.
it should be a win/win, the Dragons get their targetted recruit and Souths get the dollars back in their cap for their own priorities.

The answer to that is yes and no, depending on what they print.

According to most Pride posters journos are scum, liars, never tell the truth and you can't believe a word they say. Apparently they are even in the process of destorying the sport.

However if they say something people want to be true, like a player's salary, then yes, it's gospel.

Coming from the guy who posts 100 times a day on every thread

I love opinions, just make sure theyā€™re educated. Thatā€™s what you lack Dribbles

What a feeble response.
so I post 100, you post 60.
Oh and what is even funnier is you read every one of mine and respond to them as well. Well done hero, what a nufftiešŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Last edited:
I think Wayne will sort a lot of it out

Look at 2021, after we got lapped by Penrith he stepped in and took charge of defence and we were the best defensive side at the backend of the season

Heā€™s not big on sprinting out of the line, he likes everyone working together

I just hope heā€™s now down with slowing down the ruck and giving away six agains when under pressure when defending your line
One thing I did notice about our defence under Wayne was our lack of slowing down the play the ball. It was obviously a tactic. I remember an opposition player saying in an interview that we were the quickest team in the comp to get into our shape in attack. My thought was that the plan was for the other team to get through their tackles so quick they couldn't get a set move organised. Either way I'm all of a sudden enjoying this year more and can't wait for next year.

St George approached us about offering him a 2 year deal, and all weā€™ve said (according to the rumour) is that we wouldnā€™t stand in his way of securing a longer term deal.

I would be surprised if we kick money into see him leave early.

And Iā€™d be ok if Cookie saw out his contract with us.

But I think the club is doing the right thing by a long serving player and giving him the opportunity to secure a longer contract elsewhere.
I think we should play hardball or only chip in 100k at most screw the Dragons. They didnā€™t pay a cent towards Lomax to Parra.

Correct youā€™re right if Cookie can get 2 years at the Dragons itā€™s in his best interests.

Issue is we then need some form of hooker from elsewhere to help Pete. Surely Wayne will be all over that!

It would be a dumb arse move to get rid of cook early, unless our cap is in dire straights

It would be a dumb arse move to get rid of cook early, unless our cap is in dire straights
Wayne might want to use it elsewhere who knows. I just think itā€™s silly if we pay a solid amount for him next season and do the Dragons a favour. They did no favours to Parra cost wise on the Lomax front.

Cookie still has some footy in him , unless weā€™ve got a player of his standard, thatā€™s -defence , speed etc , I would be hanging onto him . Mamo has been in 1st grade for a couple of seasons & is a good back up but if cookies going we need better .

Back