• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Jack Wighton

Latrell is the FB. Putting him in the centres and CG on wing really highlights the problem we have had on the right wing since Loti in 2014. 10 years and it has never been addressed. Get a good, fast high flying right winger and leave Latrell at FB.

Latrell is the FB. Putting him in the centres and CG on wing really highlights the problem we have had on the right wing since Loti in 2014. 10 years and it has never been addressed. Get a good, fast high flying right winger and leave Latrell at FB.

I don’t disagree with any of that bruster but I think Trell at centre May still be an option

since the thread was bumped up.

How does everyone think he is settling in?
When we actually get our full squad on the park I think we'll see the player we're hoping for. More strike players take defensive spotting from the opposition away to a certain degree and Jack could certainly play off that. He's still been one of our best most games he's played.

Obviously Dodd will get a crack, but I won’t be shocked if Cody and Wighton are our 6 and 7 at some point next year.

Making a fist of being an NRL halfback in a side that expects to be top 4 isn’t easy or for everyone.

Wighton is very good insurance. Said it when we signed him, he‘s that John Sutton type. Ideally you play him in a supporting role, but anytime you need him to take over, he’s there and able.
I’m not expecting to be top 4 tbh unless we improve our depth options. We are missing something in the forwards too I think and with back up options in the backs.

I think Wayne can get us back into 5th or 6th next year but we will need a better run with our horror injury crisis that we have had of late.

Latrell is the FB. Putting him in the centres and CG on wing really highlights the problem we have had on the right wing since Loti in 2014. 10 years and it has never been addressed.
Yeah I may have mentioned this once or twice previously 😉 So don’t get me started again Bruster!
Get a good, fast high flying right winger and leave Latrell at FB.
Good, BIG fast high flying right winger

I’m not expecting to be top 4 tbh unless we improve our depth options. We are missing something in the forwards too I think and with back up options in the backs.

I think Wayne can get us back into 5th or 6th next year but we will need a better run with our horror injury crisis that we have had of late.
Top 4 or bust for me.

Too good a side not to.

Wow ! We don't even know what extra signings we'll have for next year and predictions are being made. How about I say we'll win it. Makes about as much sense as saying we won't make the 4 . Why are we even having this silly conversation.🙄🤔

Wow ! We don't even know what extra signings we'll have for next year and predictions are being made. How about I say we'll win it. Makes about as much sense as saying we won't make the 4 . Why are we even having this silly conversation.🙄🤔
I would rather talk about the next 12 months than the last 12.
But if I was to make a prediction it would be that WB is not returning to come 5th or 6th.

lol you said that this year we would defs make the top 4. I thought bottom of the top 8.

Even if we had Hornby from round 1 this year or someone else other than JD I never saw us as a top 4 roster this year not with going in with Ilias/Hawkins at 7 and being without Campbell long term etc……

You are right though in that let’s predict once we see our roster first. How Dodd handles the NRL will have a big bearing on how we go too. Hopefully he’s the 7 we’ve desperately been crying out for.

I was feeling really good about 2025 (top 4). Now not so much.

There will be definite improvement under Wayne, but it’s looking like 2 of our spine players will be Mamozelous and Dodd. It won’t be an overnight success.

lol you said that this year we would defs make the top 4. I thought bottom of the top 8.

Even if we had Hornby from round 1 this year or someone else other than JD I never saw us as a top 4 roster this year not with going in with Ilias/Hawkins at 7 and being without Campbell long term etc……

You are right though in that let’s predict once we see our roster first. How Dodd handles the NRL will have a big bearing on how we go too. Hopefully he’s the 7 we’ve desperately been crying out for.
And I'll always say we'll make top 4 when I think we have the team to do it and at the start of this year we definitely had that team. How anyone who follows this club is not hopeful and striving for that top 4 is beyond me.

And I'll always say we'll make top 4 when I think we have the team to do it and at the start of this year we definitely had that team. How anyone who follows this club is not hopeful and striving for that top 4 is beyond me.

No one knows.

Bet not many people on this portal had the Warriors as a top 4 team last year before a ball was kicked.

I agree with you 100%. Top 4 should always be something you are striving for.

I was feeling really good about 2025 (top 4). Now not so much.

There will be definite improvement under Wayne, but it’s looking like 2 of our spine players will be Mamozelous and Dodd. It won’t be an overnight success.
Dodd sounds like a very accomplished player. 4 years at St Helens and won 2 SL titles. They won the World Club Challenge over the Riff when he kicked that drop-kick, (no not Jarome Luai), in extra time. I expect Dodd to hit the ground running.

Latest posts

Back