• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Jack Wighton

Jack chose Souths. End of. Can hang out with old Raiders mates as much as he likes for mine. Paint his face green and wear a helmet to their home games if he likes. As long as we keep winning.

Jack chose Souths. End of. Can hang out with old Raiders mates as much as he likes for mine. Paint his face green and wear a helmet to their home games if he likes. As long as we keep winning.

Staggered that anyone could even think there’s an issue with this 🥴

since the thread was bumped up.

How does everyone think he is settling in?

Was always going to be the case of trying to find a spot for him.

He was a player we really didn't need.

But on his day is a match winner and was seen as a marquee signing.

He hasn't really stood out in any position he has played in.

I had my doubts he would stay at centre and thought he could be exposed defensively there.

He hasn't been a dud signing though.

But was hoping to get a bit more than what we have got from him so far.

See how he goes under Bennett

Obviously Dodd will get a crack, but I won’t be shocked if Cody and Wighton are our 6 and 7 at some point next year.

Making a fist of being an NRL halfback in a side that expects to be top 4 isn’t easy or for everyone.

Wighton is very good insurance. Said it when we signed him, he‘s that John Sutton type. Ideally you play him in a supporting role, but anytime you need him to take over, he’s there and able.

Obviously Dodd will get a crack, but I won’t be shocked if Cody and Wighton are our 6 and 7 at some point next year.

Making a fist of being an NRL halfback in a side that expects to be top 4 isn’t easy or for everyone.

Wighton is very good insurance. Said it when we signed him, he‘s that John Sutton type. Ideally you play him in a supporting role, but anytime you need him to take over, he’s there and able.
Speaking of Sutto - if we ever were able to name a gun backline, Wighton would be a very very good edge backrower at the end of his career

Was always going to be the case of trying to find a spot for him.

He was a player we really didn't need.

But on his day is a match winner and was seen as a marquee signing.

He hasn't really stood out in any position he has played in.

I had my doubts he would stay at centre and thought he could be exposed defensively there.

He hasn't been a dud signing though.

But was hoping to get a bit more than what we have got from him so far.

See how he goes under Bennett
Agree, hasn't been a dud, but also hasn't really set the world on fire.
I do like the reports of him at training though, seems like a hard worker and good squad player.

Speaking of Sutto - if we ever were able to name a gun backline, Wighton would be a very very good edge backrower at the end of his career
I've had this thought too if we can get a good halves combo.

As for the question - he has been fantastic. A little shaky early on defensively, but he's hardly been playing in a consistent back 7. It's great to have another real presence in the backline. It's a shame we'll have to wait until 2025 to see him play with Campbell.

As for the question - he has been fantastic. A little shaky early on defensively, but he's hardly been playing in a consistent back 7. It's great to have another real presence in the backline. It's a shame we'll have to wait until 2025 to see him play with Campbell.
Well summarised.

He's been a definite net positive to the team. Both on field and I think off field as well.

When he and Campbell play in the centres next year, look out.

Back