• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

Our recruitment makes more sense when you consider human beings with opinions like this exist.

Holy jeez that's a shocker.

At least I have never been "guys we can't carry Talis Duncan at the moment our pack doesn't need him!" silly.

🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

Also if you think our recruitment being "we need better front rowers rather than 4 locks" (my opinion) is the problem, then I think you actually like our recruitment.

Only 2 positives were our completion rate and J Wighton.

We started flat I thought, no line speed, not much kick pressure. Which is strange for a team 0 - 3.

Really that dogs team should be held to 1 try or less. Not convinced our defence was better than the first two rounds.

Attack is light years off. Teams have worked us out it seems and aside from Murray and 1 run from Shaq, our middles leg speed into collision is sllooowww. No wonder we can’t bend the line back.

I like JD and I think he can coach, but I’m getting late stage Maguire feels about our performances. They are trying because they like him, but I just don’t see them buying in 100% to whatever he’s trying to build.
A close win was our worst result in my mind. A big win and I could say we are back on track. A loss and JD probably gets punted. Now we remain in purgatory.
JD could turn it around I guess, stranger things have happened, but I just can’t see it even though I want to.

Also the Hawkins experiment has been underwhelming as expected. Really no upgrade from Ilias with regards to kicking. No running game, less upside and a smaller body. We need to find an answer to the 7 jersey asap. In the mean time I think we are better reverting back to Ilias.

Wighton stands out like a sore thumb. We are so generally un-athletic across the park, it’s like he’s playing a different game. Hopefully Munro and Mellars can add some X factor - Gray also obviously.

Good stat's for Kaeon today 30 tackles and 160 or so metres.

Reactions: PA
Our defence has been awful, absolutely awful for nearly a year now.

Today it wasn't.

It's a step, a small step.

Be ****ing happy ffs.
Agree happy we won
All be it against a shit side.

How do you think we would have gone against a decent side ? Do I even say against Penrith today ?

BTW, re the crowds we have played in front of so far-

This has to be some sort of a record, I've never seen big crowds like this in premiership games ever.
It’s a solid run of 30’s for us.

Brisbane averaged 33k at home last year, so I’d assume they must have had a few runs like this.

Back to reality next week, Saturday Arvo agains the Warriors at Accor. 16-18k?

Agree happy we won
All be it against a shit side.

How do you think we would have gone against a decent side ? Do I even say against Penrith today ?

We would of lost by 50

We won because the Dogs blew 3 tries and Hutchinson makes Ilias look like Andrew Johns. He’s the worst half in the NRL from an offensive viewpoint

Only thing that improved today was our completions. It’s a nice step forward

Today proved we might avoid the spoon and finish around 12-14th. But nothing from that performance suggests we are currently a top 8 team performance wise

Im actually swaying towards the Cody to 7 way of thinking. He's not effective playing 6 so we might as well try it . Bring a youngster up to play 6 and forget about a kicking game because unless Illias can get it done it isn't coming from anyone else.
Are you kidding? (It isn’t coming from anyone else…)
We have the best 5/8 and kicker in general play in the club and we play him in the centres.
Cody is so MIA in attack atm but still, move him to 1/2, Jack to 5/8 and you’ll see what we are missing out on.

And that absolute f.u.c.k.ing tool Ennis continues to carry on like a prawn chop.

If the tables were turned he’d be carrying on about how the defender tried to avoid contact.

He is an absolute ****, and hopefully he never commentates again.

And I just shake my head at Corey Parker.

It really is shameful behaviour by these two.
Do you really expect anything better from Ennis?

I’ll add, people are way over the top on Hawkins kicking game today (sure he had a couple that were ineffective, but you’d swear he put a couple out on the full and one backwards the way people go on) and Latrell’s performance (Trell was solid out there in a side really struggling to pull anything together)
Hawkins kicking in the first half I was happy with bar 2, second half I was not so happy with his kicking.

Are you kidding? (It isn’t coming from anyone else…)
We have the best 5/8 and kicker in general play in the club and we play him in the centres.
Cody is so MIA in attack atm but still, move him to 1/2, Jack to 5/8 and you’ll see what we are missing out on.
Jack was potent today at centre. Played all over Crichton when them marked up against each other. I think he's a centre , but just my opinion. I'm sure he'd kill it at 5/8 as well. The guy can play anywhere . Special talent we've picked up is Jack.

It's killing me we keep going that side in attacking positions.

We barely gone right and scored 2 times when we have and almost broke them again if trell catches that pass.

hawkins is offering nothing on that left
Think you may need to go back to school and learn your left and right. 😜

When the dogs scored their last try it said 20 seconds, but they changed it to 30 seconds for the kickoff. How is this possible?

Back