• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

I’m kind of impressed that they aren’t keeping Lachie around. They’re essentially hoping to get that money to pay Dodd. Which isn’t hedging your bets. It’s making a definitive decision.

Kind of like the decisive decision to let Reynolds walk out in us🫣

**** him and his manager.

We sign a halfback and instead of Lachie going all out to prove whoever the new coach is that he is the right man for the job, either at 7 or any other position he could possibly play in first grade, he has a cry after and asks to be released from his contract early.

After everything we've done for him, signing him in the first place, let alone all the bullshit talking him up in the face of absolute shite he was putting up on the field. He couldn't cop that his performances were horrible, and whilst every players performances have been, he didn't have the intestinal fortitude to stick around and prove them wrong.

**** you and your manager.

Mixed feelings for mine. On the one hand, Lachy simply isn't good enough to be top flight first grade half and if this is how he and Anasta respond to what's been happening, then he can go. However, I still think he's as good a backup half as you'd get, and I'd love to see how he goes under a new coach which makes me want him to stay.

I guess I don't mind either way really.

Relax on posting rumour as fact.

I've been told to my face by an NRL head coach before that a certain player was coming to that club only for him to sign elsewhere.

Noone outside of a handful know anything.
I was once told by Richo that we signed Matt Orford and Stephen Bell. We know what happened there. Although back then Richo thought a handshake deal was good enough and that a man’s word was always good.

Braith admitted that he has approached the club and the club gave the ok for him to negotiate elsewhere.

Guess that confirms the Dodd signing if it didn’t already.

Mixed feelings for mine. On the one hand, Lachy simply isn't good enough to be top flight first grade half and if this is how he and Anasta respond to what's been happening, then he can go. However, I still think he's as good a backup half as you'd get, and I'd love to see how he goes under a new coach which makes me want him to stay.

I guess I don't mind either way really.
I personally think he is a good half that will probably be a better 6 with more attention given to his kicking game. I doubt our English 7 will set the world on fire either if our pack continues to play like creampuffs.

I personally think he is a good half that will probably be a better 6 with more attention given to his kicking game. I doubt our English 7 will set the world on fire either if our pack continues to play like creampuffs.

That's the thing.

Maybe I'm being naive, all things considered it's pretty bloody likely, but.....

I am not going to shitcan the signing of Dodd due to the drastic need for other players (not saying you are) until we finalise our signings for 2025.

It's a good start, maybe, who the **** knows how it will turn out? Hopefully not with negativity from the get go though.

Kinda feel sorry for Lachy but he is a victim of the lack of success under JD.

I get he may feel "shattered" - but do you know who else is shattered Lachy? The members and fans that have had to watch this rubbish from Souths for nearly 12 months now.
We cannot continue to do the same thing.

The club has made a move on Dodd and Lachy could stay and try and position himself as a 6 when Cody retires (he does play on the right and Dodd is a left side player) or push himself as a 9 option as well.

You cant complain about a lack of loyalty when the club is in the current state its in.

I dont get the bad feelings for Lachy, Braithe said he was told he was free to look for another clb, he said Lachy never saw it coming and was devastated and wanted to stay and loves the club, the kid never dogged a single game, he gave his all at a time where others on much more coin played half asleep, i had hoped under a decent coach he could have blossomed or turned his hand at becoming a hooker, either way i wish him well.

I do fear that Lachies lack of progression is a massive victim of the JD coaching era. If we still had Bennett we might have found his game progressed further.

Lachie’s lack of progression timeline aligns with the teams decline. He may do a lot better under a stronger coach, I’d be disappointed if he fired elsewhere.

I dont get the bad feelings for Lachy, Braithe said he was told he was free to look for another clb, he said Lachy never saw it coming and was devastated and wanted to stay and loves the club, the kid never dogged a single game, he gave his all at a time where others on much more coin played half asleep, i had hoped under a decent coach he could have blossomed or turned his hand at becoming a hooker, either way i wish him well.
The bad feelings I have are towards braith. So what is it. Did he approach the club ir did the club approach him.

The bad feelings I have are towards braith. So what is it. Did he approach the club ir did the club approach him.
Its typical of player managers.

Braith is probably thinking he can get a decent payday from pushing Lachy to a club needing a half - eg Dragons.

yes bluey, spot on
I’ve actually changed my mind after hearing all of that from Anasta.
I hope he stays and fights

Its a professional sport and as a manager Braithe has a duty to his client to do what is best , from what i heard Braithe asked Souths for official notification but Lachy had been told he could look elsewhere, he wanted to stay.

He approached the club.

Il very confused.

It's report anasta approached the club.
But now people are saying the club told him he can look elsewhere.
Kempy who seems to know whay goes on says Nasta approached us.

Latest posts

Back