• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 4: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

Crowd was close to 70/30 to the Dogs today.

Things at Easter can be tricky with family stuff etc…. No excuses for our faithful next week put the colours on get out there and support our lads! Looking forward to seeing ya next week @cmorrison9 let’s hope the boys give us a few things to cheer about and we can get the South Sydney chant going. But for now let’s enjoy this win I sure am! Loved it today with Callmack!
I got that impression. I always sit at the end where Souths are running to so I can be front and centre for Souths tries. I went up the other end for the second half and there was a mass of blue.

One thing that had me baffled yesterday like a few have already mentioned on here is how Jacob Preston was ruled anything other than a grade one?

We were all watching him on the ground. The game stopped for several minutes. The first tackle after our try where we had all the momentum. Surely if it were just a grade 2 he is off straight away and we are back into the game.

Instead the Dogs were able to set themselves and the momentum of the try was lost.

I know the game needs to stop for these things and there is a duty of care. But if we are stopping the game for that long then he doesn’t come back on.

Surely we hear more about this.

Also why is it whenever our players are put in a dangerous position it is their fault? I was under the impression that if a player continues the tackle and drives then it is a send off.

Whilst everyone was cheering that it was 10 in the bin I was disappointed. I thought that was a send off.

One thing that had me baffled yesterday like a few have already mentioned on here is how Jacob Preston was ruled anything other than a grade one?

We were all watching him on the ground. The game stopped for several minutes. The first tackle after our try where we had all the momentum. Surely if it were just a grade 2 he is off straight away and we are back into the game.

Instead the Dogs were able to set themselves and the momentum of the try was lost.

I know the game needs to stop for these things and there is a duty of care. But if we are stopping the game for that long then he doesn’t come back on.

I couldnt believe it when he came to the sideline to return. Go take a look at what I’m sure was his first carry too when he came back on and he just did not look right.

Agree happy we won
All be it against a shit side.

How do you think we would have gone against a decent side ? Do I even say against Penrith today ?

It's hard to give hypothetical answers.

I know we did win a game yesterday and it was a small step forward.

I couldnt believe it when he came to the sideline to return. Go take a look at what I’m sure was his first carry too when he came back on and he just did not look right.
When I saw him on the ground taken off I was feeling for him. I hate seeing players go that no matter what. To me it was a simple case of no test needed he isn’t coming back.

I mean the rules they have in place basically tell us when what we see on the field happens they don’t even need to test them.

On another note how is Gus Gould allowed to commentate on Bulldogs games? Surely they can get someone else to commentate when they are playing?

When I saw him on the ground taken off I was feeling for him. I hate seeing players go that no matter what. To me it was a simple case of no test needed he isn’t coming back.

I mean the rules they have in place basically tell us when what we see on the field happens they don’t even need to test them.

On another note how is Gus Gould allowed to commentate on Bulldogs games? Surely they can get someone else to commentate when they are playing?
I’ve said this before it’s my pet hate with the NRL broadcasting. No other sport in the world, has a club football manager commentating their own teams game, it’s a disgrace

I was literally about to post the same thing. I’m watching the replay this morning and am at this point.

He was CLEARLY concussed. His teammates went to get his mouth guard out.

The Bulldogs need to be heavily sanctioned for that decision…it put that young bloke in danger.

And it would’ve been better for the Bulldogs as they could’ve activated a back.

It’s a disgrace.

And I’m at the 48 minute mark in the game, and I’ve counted at least 4 “penalties” we should’ve received if Sutton was being consistent - who had an absolute bludger of a game yesterday.

AND I’v just watched the Murray spear tackle.

Last night I thought sin bin was sufficient. But watching the replay, that should’ve been a send off.

And I’m at the 48 minute mark in the game, and I’ve counted at least 4 “penalties” we should’ve received if Sutton was being consistent - who had an absolute bludger of a game yesterday.
I’m doing the same and he deadset blew a few penalties for them for what he called “flops”. Deadset they were on us all day doing the exact same thing.

AND I’v just watched the Murray spear tackle.

Last night I thought sin bin was sufficient. But watching the replay, that should’ve been a send off.
The Cam Murray penalty early on in the game on Taaffe was laughable. You choose. It was either a dominant tackle or surrender. That gives Cam extra time. The previous set we had a blatant one that was much worse than that yet nothing.

It was like he was managing the game then rather than playing to the rules. Last thing they wanted was a blow out on Good Friday.

The ref wanted to keep the game close for whatever reason. It goes against the rules of the game. By doing so he showed us a biased game of how to keep the doggies unit. JD won’t say it but obvious to everyone that saw the game.
This is not the way the game should be reffed.
It just makes me think how corrupted the sport is. That should never be the case.

Sutton has in the past been very fair with Souths,yesterday was less than fair!
The number of offside passes without penalty was incredulous!
Maybe the officials were intimidated by the Dogs fan base?

Latest posts

Back