• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 18: Rabbitohs v Eels

Poor bloke was probably nervous.

First time ref’ing an NRL match and all.

That was his first game as a first grade referee right?

Right?

Poor bloke was probably nervous.

First time ref’ing an NRL match and all.

That was his first game as a first grade referee right?

Right?
Surely our club has put a complaint in against him. It was just lucky our boys defended like they did or that bloke gives that game to Parra.

View attachment 2617
I wonder what Liam Kennedy is looking at right here. It’s happening right infront of him.
Thanks for posting that.

The ch9 coverage of games is so shit, and you don’t get replays of stuff like this.

I said it on Thursday night and I’ll say it again…Kennedy makes Gomersall look even handed.

In the end we didn't need it but imagine if that try was for the game, we'd be so pissed!

I’m watching the replay and I’ve paused it to ask this question.

Does anyone else notice that Gutherson drops just before contact every time he runs the ball?

I noticed it live as well, but I wonder what his thought process is.

It heightens the risk that he’s going to be hit high, and maybe for him that’s a benefit because it gives his team a penalty.

But to me it’s super obvious.

I’m watching the replay and I’ve paused it to ask this question.

Does anyone else notice that Gutherson drops just before contact every time he runs the ball?

I noticed it live as well, but I wonder what his thought process is.

It heightens the risk that he’s going to be hit high, and maybe for him that’s a benefit because it gives his team a penalty.

But to me it’s super obvious.
Teddy is his hero?

It seems that as a general trend any dropped ball is automatically deemed a knock on. There aren’t too many exceptions these days. It’s quite the opposite with forward passes where there’s a fair amount of latitude before they blow the whistle.
That one over the tryline was definitely knocked backwards. The bunker should have immediately tipped the ref and taken a look.

It seems that as a general trend any dropped ball is automatically deemed a knock on. There aren’t too many exceptions these days. It’s quite the opposite with forward passes where there’s a fair amount of latitude before they blow the whistle.
That one over the tryline was definitely knocked backwards. The bunker should have immediately tipped the ref and taken a look.
As it happened over the line, I’m still scratching my head about why he didn’t refer it upstairs as a “no try”.

I mean, as someone else said they refer whether a ball/player went into touch before over over the try line, so why not this?

I’m just watching the replay, and I’d like to apologise to Taane.

I thought he pushed up and in, watching it live. But our inside men got lazy and didn’t slide effectively leaving Taane and Johnston with a 4 on 2.

Latest posts

Back