• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 18: Rabbitohs v Eels

Mat Thompson is boredom personified... even when yelling and trying to sound excited.

At least someone like Vossy, for all his faults, tries to pump up every game.

The 4 games a year I am forced to listen to Ch9 are painful.
9's coverage is sub Fox. Fox has better commentators, excluding those dribblers Ginanne and Ennis, and analysts. I often read people getting into Brandy but I think he is close to the best of them. Overall Foxs game day coverage is far superior to NINE's.

Ohhhh yeaaaaaaa!!!!! Yoohoooooooo!!! What a night that was last night! What a game, what a win, what a feeling!!! I've been on a high all day at work after that! Couldn't be happier!

I feel like I say it every week at the moment, but that was honestly one of our best performances of the Season. I know the Eels are last, but I think they actually played really well last night, and would have troubled a lot of sides. Their attack in particular was extremely dangerous and asked a heap of questions. But our defence was incredible and more than up to the task. Some of the effort on show out there was amazing. They had more possession than us, more meters and waaay more tackles in our 20, especially in that first half, but the boys just kept putting in for eachother. They kept turning up and turning Parra away. There was a few times where I thought "the Eels are in here," But the lads seemed to just scramble so effectively and with so much effort, desire and desperation. That win was built on defence. Simple as that. Who would have thought I'd be saying something like that two months ago?

With the defensive effort on point, everything else just flowed from that. Our forwards got over the top of theirs once we had a fair share of possession and our attack really sizzled in tough conditions. Some beautiful tries out there on the right edge. Great Rugby League, great execution and we made it look simple. That second try from long range was particularly impressive. Scintillating in fact and I was up out of my seat screaming!

All our big guns fired. Trell was the standout again. What a performance from him! Laying on tries, scoring tries and saving them! You could tell from his first few involvements that he was on and here to play. So good. His kicking game was great and even just his effort areas were on point. Cody had a game, great ball playing! Jackie legs was close to man of the match, Keaon was exceptional again, Cam and Jai were great. It was all there!!!

Just so happy with a real all-round performance and our charge continues!!

Glory, Glory baby!!!

Their attack in particular was extremely dangerous and asked a heap of questions. But our defence was incredible and more than up to the task.
I agree with all you said however, the Eels attack is far too sideways for me. The swing from one sideline to another but rarely punch through the middle. We had them contained for much of the night. I do agree that they did look dangerous at times but for most of the night it was predictable.

I agree with all you said however, the Eels attack is far too sideways for me. The swing from one sideline to another but rarely punch through the middle. We had them contained for much of the night. I do agree that they did look dangerous at times but for most of the night it was predictable.
Under JD either Richie or Milne would of sprinted out of the line tackled no one for a try

I said it last week. Teams haven’t adjusted to our new defensive structure. They are waiting for someone to sprint out of the line.

Instead we hold and slide and push them towards the sideline

Under JD either Richie or Milne would of sprinted out of the line tackled no one for a try

I said it last week. Teams haven’t adjusted to our new defensive structure. They are waiting for someone to sprint out of the line.

Yes and the centre and wingers are doing a great job at the moment containing the side shifts. Last night they were tackling in tandem. Was great to watch.

Exactly ... i have seen it the same way and greater energy to go with better defence pattern ... they now look like they hate getting line crossed.

Exactly ... i have seen it the same way and greater energy to go with better defence pattern ... they now look like they hate getting line crossed.
Its sometimes ok to race up one out to shut a playmaker down, but we would do this next pass or two along and opposing team got an easy overlap..I used to get so angry watching it...they seem to be trusting the man inside them a lot more, so racing out is unnecessary now anyway!

Back