• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Come on Bundy there's real "synergy" there. ;)

Ex Souths coach and captain. Ex Bronco's coach and legend here. It is general articles and discussion. I'm certainly interested. Makes a change from the nauseating Roosters obsession.
I do. My son loves the broncos and my wife too. Though I am an avid SS ... I cheer them on in every game except agin us of course.

You'd have to pay me a lot to hear Bennett speak, and provide drugs, either for sleep or to relieve boredom. His pressers are bad enough.
I find his pressers an embarrassment every time especially when his team loses. I think he could be just a little more graceful in that situation.

I find his pressers an embarrassment every time especially when his team loses. I think he could be just a little more graceful in that situation.
I suppose it's a personal taste. For me the Wayne Bennet pressers are legendary. When he calls out some aspect of the game people tend to listen. The best for me is that he will listen to the journalists question and answer it specific, but if it is a stupid question he will let them know. And don't ever ask him something that he has just answered! "Are your ears painted on mate!". Wayne controlls the presser and the journos. I my opinion it is a great watch.

I suppose it's a personal taste. For me the Wayne Bennet pressers are legendary. When he calls out some aspect of the game people tend to listen. The best for me is that he will listen to the journalists question and answer it specific, but if it is a stupid question he will let them know. And don't ever ask him something that he has just answered! "Are your ears painted on mate!". Wayne controlls the presser and the journos. I my opinion it is a great watch.

Agree, Wayne pressers are one of those quirky little things that make footy, he does what he wants
Alternatively his public speaking is really good & he’s much more affable than you’d expect from what I’ve been told

There’s definitely some tall poppy stuff with Walsh.

The same guy 12 months ago was the toast of the NRL. He was being mentored by Billy at Origin level and soaking everything up like a sponge, and considered by plenty as a top 5 performing player in the comp.

He has an injury affected season, only plays 14 games (I think he and Reynolds played 8 games together this year?), and suddenly he’s a loose cannon that is undoing the fabric of the club at 22 years old. Please.

For a collection of people that constantly deride NRL 360 for its pop gun hyperbole, we certainly float a fair amount of it on here.

The same guy 12 months ago was the toast of the NRL. He was being mentored by Billy at Origin level and soaking everything up like a sponge, and considered by plenty as a top 5 performing player in the comp.

He has an injury affected season, only plays 14 games (I think he and Reynolds played 8 games together this year?), and suddenly he’s a loose cannon that is undoing the fabric of the club at 22 years old. Please.

For a collection of people that constantly deride NRL 360 for its pop gun hyperbole, we certainly float a fair amount of it on here.
I know it's not accurate, but I felt he was suffering from 2nd year syndrome this year.

He was an out and out star last year, and was carving oppositions to pieces.

Then the opposing coaches really focused on what they needed to do to stop him over the off season.

You could see a very deliberate change in the way defences "approached" him this year (sometimes, spectacularly badly as in Sualli knocking him into next week).

Defences were limiting his space, jamming in, in defence and he struggled to adjust his game. He also suffered from different spine combos throughout the year.

I think he will bounce back next year and will work on overcoming defences taking away his space.

Agree.
I think Wayne's demeanour in press conferences is a reflection of the standard of questions rather than anything.
Wayne, are you happy with the boy's effort?
That sort of cookie cutter question deserves a standard, uninterested, answer.

I know it's not accurate, but I felt he was suffering from 2nd year syndrome this year.

He was an out and out star last year, and was carving oppositions to pieces.

Then the opposing coaches really focused on what they needed to do to stop him over the off season.

You could see a very deliberate change in the way defences "approached" him this year (sometimes, spectacularly badly as in Sualli knocking him into next week).

Defences were limiting his space, jamming in, in defence and he struggled to adjust his game. He also suffered from different spine combos throughout the year.

I think he will bounce back next year and will work on overcoming defences taking away his space.

When the most games he played in a row for Brisbane this year was 5 (they won 4 of them in that run), is it that surprising? Especially considering the team had issues outside of him?

I agree - and I saw a headline somewhere that Madge won’t tolerate Walsh wearing nail polish and I wonder if Madge is going to be able manage guys like Walsh. Footballers nowadays are all varied, you have guys like Campbell Graham and Tallis Duncan vs guys like Latrell Mitchell and you have to be able to manage both

I agree - and I saw a headline somewhere that Madge won’t tolerate Walsh wearing nail polish and I wonder if Madge is going to be able manage guys like Walsh. Footballers nowadays are all varied, you have guys like Campbell Graham and Tallis Duncan vs guys like Latrell Mitchell and you have to be able to manage both

I’ll be shocked if Michael Maguire tells Rhys Walsh he can’t wear nail polish.

Sounds like newspapers speaking to their base.

IMG_6136.jpeg

Last edited:

I really doubt Madge has had one thought about nail polish, the shit the media drag up for content is just bizarre

I’ll be shocked if Michael Maguire tells Rhys Walsh he can’t wear nail polish.

Sounds like newspapers speaking to their base.
100%.

I don't think he'd care if he turned up to training in a tutu.

He will be focused on getting the boys to operate as a team, instilling discipline in how they train and prepare for games, and getting them fit.

I know I got called names the last time I said this, but the reason the club went a bit wobbly in 2015/16 was nothing to do with people's personal dress sense.

There was a clique of players, led by Glenn Stewart who didn't want to do the work that Maguire was expecting of them. And he splintered the playing group.

Latest posts

Back