• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Well at leas that puts the ‘the club should just pay Bellamy whatever it takes’ pundits to bed.
10m over x years isn't a lot when you're already a millionaire. 6m after tax. Legacy is worth more than that when he'd have a non head role for life.

A club would need something insane like 50m+ to tempt him away from friends, family, honour, legacy etc..

Well at leas that puts the ‘the club should just pay Bellamy whatever it takes’ pundits to bed.

Unsure If that's a jibe at anyone who wanted Bellamy as our coach or not?

Surely not, because how could you deride people for wanting the best?

10m over x years isn't a lot when you're already a millionaire. 6m after tax. Legacy is worth more than that when he'd have a non head role for life.

A club would need something insane like 50m+ to tempt him away from friends, family, honour, legacy etc..
Honestly I would have thought he would at least be tempted to head to a team like Parra. Win a comp there and you're in the debate about best coach ever. Is another 1 or 2 comps in Melbourne going to change anything?

Unsure If that's a jibe at anyone who wanted Bellamy as our coach or not?

Surely not, because how could you deride people for wanting the best?
We all want the best but sometimes us fans think we can just pay someone "x" amount and they will come to Souths.

For some players, coaches etc money isnt the deciding factor...

Honestly I would have thought he would at least be tempted to head to a team like Parra. Win a comp there and you're in the debate about best coach ever. Is another 1 or 2 comps in Melbourne going to change anything?
Being associated with storm is a garuantee for life. It goes more than a flash in the pan season with eels. Again, risk isn't worth it for a pittance. It's a fools move.

Parra would need to drop some serious cash to make him want to essentially scorch the storm because there's no other way the storm would take it.

He's be taking all trade secrets with him.

I thought a salary cap was brought in to limit football cub expenditure ?

Someone wants to offer me $10 million over 4 years, I’ll take it.

We may very well bounce back next year 🤞but there have been a fair few mid sides getting their shit together over the past year or two we’ll have to factor in.

Dolphins set to offer Milford a one year extension despite only playing in 2 NRL games this season

I thought a salary cap was brought in to limit football cub expenditure ?

From 2017 -

A football department cap of $5.7 million will be introduced from next year after a meeting of club chief executives and NRL boss Todd Greenberg yesterday.

It was agreed that the figure will be lifted by four per cent in the next three years to enable staff to be given CPI salary rises.

Clubs will have until 2020 to get under the salary cap, and if they do not they will be taxed 37 per cent tax on whatever they overspend by.

Head coach and assistant coach salaries are included, as are training camps. Operational costs will also come out of the cap but not capital costs of centre of excellence.

NRL head of strategy David Silverton said it was an important move to curtail the rising costs of running club football departments.

2016 NRL CLUBS FOOTBALL DEPT. SPENDING
SPENDING CLUBS
$8M+ Raiders, Eels
$7M+ Bulldogs, Broncos, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Panthers
$6M+ Storm, Sea Eagles
$5M+ Knights, Cowboys, Dragons
$4M+ Tigers, Sharks
$3M+ Titans

Latest posts

Back