• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 16: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

We handled the rain pretty well last week. I'd hope we could handle it again if it was a wet game. What is the forecast for kick off?
I’m by no means a meteorologist

But looking out my windows over Maroubra beach and the ocean cloud is still thick and heavy rain still out there

Looking west it appears to be breaking

So hopefully Homebush avoids the heavy falls

Radar says it’s going to be wet!

Well my fellow Rabbitohs faithful get your colours on and get a spring in your step! I sure have a spring in my step that’s right it’s Game Day as we take on a bitter rival of ours the Manly Sea Eagles. It’s a strong rivalry and both sets of supporter bases don’t like each other. We played them in round 1 in Vegas and went down and that one stung so it would be nice to get one back over them tonight on our home turf. We have turned the corner I’d like to think but we need to keep building on that and getting better. We can not turn up tonight and take Manly lightly otherwise they’ll pull our pants down. It would be nice going into the bye to get a 4th win on the trot and keep building that momentum. It has been a bit wet in Sydney overnight and this morning but only the odd shower from here I think and it’s starting to fine up. Saturday Night footy cmon Souths faithful get your warm jackets beanies and scarves out and get behind the boys in the best way possible. Also Junior Appreciation round tonight so I would like to think we can get 13-14k out there. We have no home game at Accor for about 6-7 weeks after this so let’s all get out there in numbers and make plenty of noise!

Looking at Manly they sit inside the bottom of the top 8 and for the most part have been pretty good especially in attack this year. Last week they played with no interchange bench the whole second half and blew away the Dragons despite their injuries. Whilst they have so many out we can not take them lightly young Lehi at the back is playing well and Koula, Saab, Talau offer so much pace out wide we need to be alert as they’ll target our edges no doubt at all about that. They have Brooks there still and Lawton who will be dangerous and Burbo, Waddell, Sipley, N. Brown and Bullemor so they still have solid forwards there. Seibs will have them in siege mentality mode I expect that nobody gives them a chance etc and if we are slightly off they’ll hurt us for sure! Where Manly can be vulnerable too is out wide so if we show patience we should get some solid scoring opportunities. For us well we need to keep turning up 1-17 keep doing those effort areas well and showing desperation in defence. I want to see good energy too in defence and we need get our kick chase going etc and be patient points will come. We need to limit the offloads of Manly too as much as we can. If our pack can win the battle it’ll give the likes of Damien, Jack and Cody good opportunities. Keaon we will need a massive game from him I know he can do it again. Also it’s nice to have Jye Gray back he just needs to do his job we all know the talent he has and can do this job for us tonight. Also shout out to Liam Le Blanc who has worked hard for this. We all know the issues he’s had with his heart etc this year and it’s inspiring he’s back playing and gets to show what he’s got tonight. I am sure he won’t let us down. Go well Blancy we are all behind you mate!

Please welcome onto Accor stadium our junior footy clubs on their march around Accor Stadium here for junior appreciation Round lets give them a warm round of applause as they go around Accor Stadium here. We have some future stars in these youngsters no doubt about that!

Ok not long til the players come out here onto Accor Stadium. Another shout out again to all the juniors here for junior appreciation round in fact great to see such a good turnout on this cold chilly winter night tonight. Great to see so much Red and Green in the stands here this Saturday Night for our Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs looking to make it 4 on the trot and keep the momentum going. Let’s make sure wherever anyone may be watching that they know that this is South Sydney home turf and a South Sydney home game. Let’s get that South Sydney chant going for the full 80mins around Accor Stadium here tonight. Lets do all that we can to make sure our boys walk away with the 2 vital competition points and let’s be that extra man for our boys in the stands by doing our part!

Ok as we look down the tunnel at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors making their way down the tunnel……….. Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles……………

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1…………………………………..

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME ONCE AGAIN TO GET ON YOUR FFFFEEEEEEEEETTTTT…………. MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR YOUR BOYS HERE THEY COME BACK ONTO HOME TURF YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRRAAABBBBBIIITTTTOOOHHHSSSSSSSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!!

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE BUTLER BBBBOOOOOO

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE BBBBOOOOOOOO PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE

GET EM ONSIDE CHRIS CMON MATE ITS 10 METRES NOT 8 BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO

BBBBBOOOOOOO TACKLED WITHOUT THE BALL

BBBBBBBOOOOO SECOND EFFORT LEG PULL BBBBBOOOO

BBBOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN MATE HOW LONG CAN THEY LAY ON FOR!!

FORWARD PASS BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK TOUCHIE FAIR BLOODY DINKUM BBBBOOOOOOOO

GO SOUTH SYDNEY

GO SOUTH SYDNEY

WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

Let’s hope we are all stamping our feet and belting out Glory Glory at Full Time! We can do this all I know we can GO YOU GOOD THINGS LETS GO RABBITOHS!! WE NEED TO WANT IT MORE THEN THEM CMON SOUTHS SHOW SOME DESPERATION!!!

AFL on out here. Parking nightmare. Those arriving later, after their game should be okay.

Not to mention the Supanova ‘interesting’ characters.

Last edited:
AFL on out here. Parking nightmare. Those arriving later, after their game should be okay.

Not to mention the Supanova ‘interesting’ characters.
Yeah mate. Arrived at 315. Dropped dad at the gate. Took me half hour to find a spot. Didn’t realise there was a fair bit on out here today.

In now.

Souths hit back on half time. Trail Manly 6-18.

Yeah mate. Arrived at 315. Dropped dad at the gate. Took me half hour to find a spot. Didn’t realise there was a fair bit on out here today.

In now.

Souths hit back on half time. Trail Manly 6-18.
Plenty of Star Wars characters wandering around (and over-dressed influencers 😡). I think Ahsoka is a Rabbitohs fan.

Rain just started again out here.

Good for the team, bad for the fans.

One good thing Manly seem to lack good conditioning as well. They often fade

No DCE to kick them out of trouble is also a massive leg up for us

Seibs is still big on ‘Front loading energy’ ( which to me seems like a fancy way for premature ejaculators to excuse their poor performance )

If we keep it close early I think we run away with it

Latest posts

Back