• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 16: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

Onya Blancy!!! That is a pretty crazy story to be honest. Being diagnosed with that, then he goes on to make his NRL debut in the same year?! Nuts! Can't wait to see how he goes tomorrow night.

We are extremely lucky that DCE isn't playing. He evens out us missing Latrell ,probably moreso for them. They still might get a few tries from kicks to our flanks , but it would have been far worse had DCE been kicking. We should roll them with our middles who are in great form and Cody, Jack and young Gray should be able to capitalize.
Agree with your take on DCE. Manly lose a lot more replacing DCE with Lawton than we do replacing Trell with Grey. Wasn't that long ago Grey looked very good in the FB spot.

Onya Blancy!!! That is a pretty crazy story to be honest. Being diagnosed with that, then he goes on to make his NRL debut in the same year?! Nuts! Can't wait to see how he goes tomorrow night.
While some have questioned the medical staff at SS, I certainly trust his cardio doctors. Having had OHS due to a congenital condition myself, I empathise with Liam.
My cardio staff were great.... still here typing :) and old & healthy!
I certainly wish him all the very best for his debut.
Hope this is the start of many great years with us.
Start with 20 minutes later in match and build on that... Go Liam 😁

So Hornby spoke highly of Pete today to the media haven’t got quite as many mins into him as we like but hoping to give him more upcoming if we can and says he’s ready to start next year and he has great faith in him
Have you ever heard a coach say ‘nah mate, he’s crap, but I’ve got no-one else’? Of course he’ll publicly back him, no matter what he really thinks.

Have you ever heard a coach say ‘nah mate, he’s crap, but I’ve got no-one else’? Of course he’ll publicly back him, no matter what he really thinks.
Agree. A coach will never do that. However if a coach ever did I think it would be Ricky. In his post match interviews I have heard him absolutely bag his team, the refs, the opposition coach and even the ground his team plays on, but not his individual players yet.

Here we go yet again as our favourite day of the week is finally here once more, game day!!! Get up, get your colours on and get ready to go today my fellow South Sydney members and fans! I certainly am. Pretty juiced for tonight, can't wait to be honest. Really keen!

It's an interesting one tonight as we take on a Manly side that is severely depleted. No DCE, no Jurbo, no Olakau'atu, no Garrick, no Paseka; they really have copped a hammering with Origin and suspension for this one. On paper, that makes this game a little easier and in reality, the way we're going and with the guys they have out, we should be winning this. However, even saying that is exactly what worries me. The Sea Eagles will go into this one with a real 'backs against the wall' mentality, and they are a club that absolutely thrives off that. It will fuel a real fire for them, and they'll turn up pretty pumped up, I'm sure. This is a fire that will continue to burn brighter the longer they are in the game.

For us, the key to extinguishing that is to get on the board early tonight, and just carry on from there. We have to take that feeling away from them, and then go on with it. I'm confident we can do that. I really hope so anyway. People seem to forget that we have just as many players unavailable for this game as Manly, but I think that seems less relevant because of the way we're going currently without those guys.

As I said, on paper, this a game we should really be winning. If we turn up with the same attitude we have in the last for games, show the kind of effort we have been, and apply ourselves the way we have been, we can win this. But turn up to Accor tonight thinking it will be an easy win, and we'll have our pants around our ankles. So, it's a good test of how mentally strong our team is tonight.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the squad steps up without Trell and Cam. Can't wait to see Jye play again and of course, Le Blanc's debut.

Can't wait to resume the story with Manly! Another traditional rival of ours with our rivalry stretching back almost 80 years now. And boy, has it been one hell of a rivalry that includes plenty of feeling. It's no secret both sides don't like each other. Well, everyone hates Manly anyway. But in all seriousness, it has been one heck of a rivalry that's included countless big games and big moments including plenty of Grand Finals and Finals. Who takes this one?

It's a big night. Crucial game to see if we can keep this run going, a clash against a bitter rival, and Junior Appreciation Round. Let's go!!

Glory, Glory.

Agree. A coach will never do that. However if a coach ever did I think it would be Ricky. In his post match interviews I have heard him absolutely bag his team, the refs, the opposition coach and even the ground his team plays on, but not his individual players yet.
Yep it always everyone and everything except for Ricky and his boys

Is this weather going to let up before the game starts? How does everyone think it will affect our chances?

Is this weather going to let up before the game starts? How does everyone think it will affect our chances?
I’ll do my Game Day preview shortly had a busy morning! I’ll be there with Dad tonight.

We are just driving home along Alfords Point Rd towards Menai the sun is coming out some blue sky there is a rainbow too.

Looks like some showers still around though this arvo into early evening

Last edited:
We handled the rain pretty well last week. I'd hope we could handle it again if it was a wet game. What is the forecast for kick off?

Latest posts

Back