• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 12: Rabbitohs v Eels

Man, we are so friggin lucky to have Cody representing our club. He speaks so well, especially on weeks like this. I hope to see him play with some real passion on Saturday and channel that Indigenous Warrior spirit.
He does speak really well. Great interview.

I don’t understand the lack of love for Tallis Duncan. When Cam went down with injury I thought we had the perfect replacement 13. Who played the same way. Yet both coaches refuse to pick him. Am I missing something?

What's your preference for this weeks team?

Absolutely nothing is what you will get in reply.

I would love one of these wannabes to type a 1-17 without whinging but the whinging aspect is all they have.

Can't even bother arguing with them now.

Edit - They will say this. "I wouldn't have Milne and I would start Duncan" and then chortle to themselves about how smart they are as they say two overtly obvious things.

I really want to see their 1 - 17.

Interesting choices in the backline. Looks like we've gone for as much experience in the halves as possible. Hopefully it works out.
Yeah looks like we are just fitting as many first grade experience players into the side. Even if out of position.

I don’t mind the Wighton to 5/8 move. Unfortunately our outside backs, AJ aside, pretty sure that’s the worst on paper I’ve seen in my lifetime.

I don’t understand the lack of love for Tallis Duncan. When Cam went down with injury I thought we had the perfect replacement 13. Who played the same way. Yet both coaches refuse to pick him. Am I missing something?
There’s something off there 💯

I have a theory on it. Pure conjecture so won’t share of course.

Absolutely nothing is what you will get in reply.

I would love one of these wannabes to type a 1-17 without whinging but the whinging aspect is all they have.

Can't even bother arguing with them now.

Edit - They will say this. "I wouldn't have Milne and I would start Duncan" and then chortle to themselves about how smart they are as they say two overtly obvious things.

I really want to see their 1 - 17.
Well yeah you said it yourself they are overtly obvious to everyone but the masterminds behind our wooden spoon team. Hornby thinks he’s in 2010 still it seems with the 13 just being an extra big man.

Milne is next level dumb he is going to get pieced up in the centres, the only hope is AJ saving his ass

Anyway all this coming from the bloke that said Jake Trob is a lesser version of Luke Stuart. Your opinion is invalid

I don’t automatically think it’s a lack of love.

He played a season high 53 minutes last week. That’s following what was a previous high for the season of 37 minutes against the Dragons.

They obviously have a preference to keep him out of the early muck, ergo he’s starting from the bench and they’re going with a bigger body over the opening 20.

As excited as we are about him, he is a smaller body playing in the middle.

He’s susceptible to the same workload queries/concerns we have with Murray.

As long as he’s getting close enough to 50 each week, I’m ok with him coming off the bench.

Will be interesting to see whether last week was just due to the Moale departure, or if they are liking what they see in the middle part of the game from him.

He certainly looks to my eyes to offer a lot when he’s on the field. I assume Hornby can see that too.

Well yeah you said it yourself they are overtly obvious to everyone but the masterminds behind our wooden spoon team. Hornby thinks he’s in 2010 still it seems with the 13 just being an extra big man.

Milne is next level dumb he is going to get pieced up in the centres, the only hope is AJ saving his ass

Anyway all this coming from the bloke that said Jake Trob is a lesser version of Luke Stuart. Your opinion is invalid
EDIT: I'm genuinely interested

EDIT: I'm genuinely interested

If it were me, not that it matters but just for the sake of it.

1.Wighton
2.AJ
3.Milne
4.Thompson
5.Gagai
6.Mitchell
7.Walker
8.Koalamatangi
9.Mamouzelous
10.Burgess
11.Host
12.Chee Kam
13.Duncan

14.Keppie
15.Arrow
16.Havaili
17.Cook

My reasoning, we seem very light on props due to injury.

So 4 prop rotation of Moale, Burgess, Arrow and Keppie

Yep means we stuck with host and chee kam as back rowers but what can you do?

Havili can sub Duncan if he needs break.

Cook as a ulitity only if needed.

Backline, well no other options so to me probs the best combo you can come up without rushing Mellars into centre or wing.

Wighton has difficulty defending at center, Mitchell struggles with many fullback responsibilities. I would like to give it a try to see how it turns out, as we have nothing to lose. However, I believe Wighton would start our sets better, but it would take him time to adjust to fullback, which people need to understand.

I forgot about Moale, not sure if he is fully recovered or not but lets say he is 100% fit to play

Second forward pack option would be.

8.Koalamatangi
9.Mamouzelous
10.Burgess
11.Host
12.Arrow
13.Duncan

14.Keppie
15.Moale
16.Havaili
17.Cook

I still think both options are better than what Hornby has come up with but if people want to disagree go for it.

Team list Tuesday!!!!

And boy, isn't it an interesting one for Indigenous Round?? A few very interesting changes.

The biggest one is clearly Cody to 7, Jackie to 5/8. I don't mind this, it's been a suggestion of many for a while just to try something different and clearly what we had before wasn't working. I kind of like that Hornby is pulling the trigger and making changes. A bit of a shame we lose the threat of Wighton out wide, but who knows? This might be more effective.

Milne and Chee Kam in the centers. I'm okay enough with Chee being there as he's done a job in the recent games, he played there but Milne back in the centers? Hmm I'm not sure. It's wing, forwards, or bust for him in my opinion. I don't think Izaac was that bad last week to be dropped. Surely, we could have put Shibasaki back in somewhere.

Hosty back is an interesting one. I thought that'd mean Jai pushes to the middle, with Tallis starting at lock. But no, he moves Keaon to lock instead and Tallis stays on the bench?? Whaaat?? That's really strange. Once again Tallis is hard done by.

I'm happy enough with the other guys on the bench. Liva will clearly be used as a prop.

Plenty of changes, I'm not fully sold they're the right ones, but we'll see!
Hey mate I love Jack back at centre too. I too am doubtful about Milne at centre but maybe Thompson is carrying a niggling injury? As for Gehmat we can’t play him mate he was only here on a week to week basis to cover injuries and now we have some top 30 guys back.

Who knows mate Arrow might play lock and Keaon edge come game day.

We should lift mate being Indigenous Round. We just have to want it more than Parra the boys need to dig deep mate and hopefully we can saviour a long awaited win.

I wish you could be here mate for Saturday being Indigenous Round too it is always a big one. One things for sure mate when we win our next game I might emotionally breakdown in pure joy and relief let’s hope that’s on Saturday Night.

It’s an interesting line up.

It feels like a ‘win this weekend, bugger the future’ kind of team.

Thompson dropped suprises me. To me he looked a better centre than a winger. And he had the option to pick Milne ahead of him last week didn’t he? Unless it’s a left/right thing, but that seems to be the opposite of the Kennar decision to start the year?

Wighton, Cody and Latrell in the spine isn’t that surprising. Best players with hands on the ball. Maybe they’ll do well and Dodd will be out of a job next year. :)

Then on the pack, Koloamatangi no doubt transfers to prop after Keppie or Moale are done, with Duncan relieving him as the 13 after the initial softening up period.

And at some point, yeah, Cook or Mamouzelos will play as an extra forward to allow the flex hooker option.

Strap in and enjoy the ride I guess.
If Keaon is playing middle I don’t think he should be playing 80mins he will be too gassed he will need a 15mins spell to be as effective as possible.

Latest posts

Back