• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 12: Rabbitohs v Eels

Keaon at 13. One prop on the bench.

I don't think we can blame JD solely for the wacky selections anymore seeing what Hornby is dishing up.
Why would you put Milne at left centre?

Surely Gagai would be a better option.

And you’d surely put Chee Kam into second row and Jai back into the middle rotation, wouldn’t you? (I know, I know - don’t call me Shirley).

Keaon at 13. One prop on the bench.

I don't think we can blame JD solely for the wacky selections anymore seeing what Hornby is dishing up.

His team selections are no better.

Was Thommo that bad to be dropped completely? Injured again?

Is Hornby getting team selection advIce from JD :)

Team list Tuesday!!!!

And boy, isn't it an interesting one for Indigenous Round?? A few very interesting changes.

The biggest one is clearly Cody to 7, Jackie to 5/8. I don't mind this, it's been a suggestion of many for a while just to try something different and clearly what we had before wasn't working. I kind of like that Hornby is pulling the trigger and making changes. A bit of a shame we lose the threat of Wighton out wide, but who knows? This might be more effective.

Milne and Chee Kam in the centers. I'm okay enough with Chee being there as he's done a job in the recent games, he played there but Milne back in the centers? Hmm I'm not sure. It's wing, forwards, or bust for him in my opinion. I don't think Izaac was that bad last week to be dropped. Surely, we could have put Shibasaki back in somewhere.

Hosty back is an interesting one. I thought that'd mean Jai pushes to the middle, with Tallis starting at lock. But no, he moves Keaon to lock instead and Tallis stays on the bench?? Whaaat?? That's really strange. Once again Tallis is hard done by.

I'm happy enough with the other guys on the bench. Liva will clearly be used as a prop.

Plenty of changes, I'm not fully sold they're the right ones, but we'll see!

Why would you put Milne at left centre?

Surely Gagai would be a better option.

And you’d surely put Chee Kam into second row and Jai back into the middle rotation, wouldn’t you? (I know, I know - don’t call me Shirley).
I mean even just swapping Arrow and Koloamatangi would be better, right?

The side named just means at some point we'll end up with a middle of Duncan, Havili and Cook... again.

Maybe we should sack Hornby because it made so much difference sacking JD.

Interesting choices in the backline. Looks like we've gone for as much experience in the halves as possible. Hopefully it works out.

I mean even just swapping Arrow and Koloamatangi would be better, right?

The side named just means at some point we'll end up with a middle of Duncan, Havili and Cook... again.
Are they worried that Jai’s shoulder injury means he’ll be less effective at 13, because you’re expected to be a link player and also do a lot more sweeping defence?

I’m truly scratching my head at some of the selection decisions.

Really interested to see:

How Cody goes at 7 (just had a thought, maybe Madge called a favour in and asked Hornby to play Cody at 7 as a selection trial for game 1), defending on the right.

How Jack goes at 5/8. He didn’t fill me with a great deal of confidence last time he was there but it’ll be good to watch.

How Milne goes at left centre (shudder). Not sure what Thompson did wrong last week - must have been stuff I didn’t see, which is quite possible.

I’m sure there’s other stuff I’ll noodle over in the coming days.

In theory ;(only in theory) I can see this is about perhaps strengthening our kick defence (Milne is ok under the high ball) and cheeks and Milne will carry the ball back - not so much with venom maybe but the total carry load can be spread across not just Trell, Gags and AJ. It’s a %ages strategy I think. felt ITT did ok at Centre - but was still vulnerable to cross field bombs. Anyway Jack had a rough time of it last week as well - so maybe they hope to give him more freedom at 6. Cody at 7 will be interesting. Maybe less counter calling pressure on Cook and Pete.

I can only think they realised it was wasting Dion to use him a space filler alone - and it gives a forward space on the bench again. Loathe to say I don’t mind Host back in - cos he will probably have an absolute shocker - but he gas a strong motor and tidy tackler 1/1.

Keon at 13 is curious strange - he has to have 65-70 minutes minimum on field and will do a lot of tackling - test how fit he is I guess. Assume some onfield movement when Tallis comes on.

Latest posts

Back