• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 12: Rabbitohs v Eels

Greg Allan is back reporting exclusively for Bunnies TV on last nights big win over the Eels.

Anyway, how did others see Deon fitting in as an organising half? He certainly scored a great try, and looked solid to me in defence. But what about as a game manager?

Hes a few years away from being a NRL half,he needs to improve massively

Hes a few years away from being a NRL half,he needs to improve massively
I thought that was his best game….tidied up his effort areas especially that last kick chase. Looked more comfortable last night…

I thought that was his best game….tidied up his effort areas especially that last kick chase. Looked more comfortable last night…
Cody not playing freed him up a lot to take a bit more control.

NRL PHYSIO
@nrlphysio

Follow

First Klemmer & now Ofahengaue not going to the bin when Holmes & Latrell did, in the same games, is quite something.

Incorrect decisions are always going to be made but in an relatively unclear area of the game for fans (hip drops) it’s particularly tough to follow.
9:06 PM · May 25, 2024
·
Views

Brilliantly put by NRL physio the truth telling is refreshing!

I think the discipline codes need to be completely re-written to address the issues of player responsibility and the associated offences and penalties applied.

In the olden blood and mud days they used to use terms like intentional foul play or conduct detrimental to the spirit of the fame determine what was an offence worthy of sending off / so you could have 2 blokes knock each other senseless with punches but stay on the field but a sly dog with elbow or squirrel group or knees or a cheap dog with a coward punch would be less tolerated.

Then they introduced the sin bin and said it was to be used for repeated offenders or offences it reduced the game stalling on repeat scrums.They used to the Judiciary to eliminate thuggery league successfully in all but elite test matches and SOO.

by this time they had more or less eradicated the scrum completely as a contest - so refs had little choice but to penalise anything that looked suspicious and got to the point of needing 2 refs and cons the ant fiddling with the definition of a tackle and when it was ok to strip etc. so many penalties they introduced the set restart call and went back to 1 ref and the bunker…..
Players rarely get sent off now unless to they can use words like forceful, dangerous and with intent…but of course now we see somethings that are dangerous but not forceful or with intent / so they sin bin those sometimes but not others - if they can link it to a try scoring scenario - so much the better because then the Sin Bin is justified.

I would suggest we go to a model where there are player offences and team offences.

Player offences are either
Actions that cause injury or the likelihood of injury to an opponent resulting in off-field assessment and treatment.
Or
Conduct that is offensive to the Spirit of the Game or the reputation of the Game and its administration (abuse or threatening conduct towa red an official or other player).

If a player has to leave the field of play.for such an injury, the player responsible for the actions causing injury shall also be sent from the field for the same period of assessment (up to 15 minutes). If the player injured is assessed as unable to resume the game after 15 minutes the offending player can not return to the field - but may be replaced for the named interchange, and the offending player cannot take further part unless the injured player also returns.

team offences are for breaches of rules that any player commits in the normal course of h the game and do not result in injury requiring off-field assessment and attention.

Team offences must be called in play or at the next breakdown in play and require the Referee to award a Penalty or Set Restart.

After 3 consecutive Team Offences or 5 non-Consecutive Team offences the last offending player will be sent to the Sin Bin for the allotted time. (I personally think 5 minutes is enough for this).

I know it will never happen but it would be clearer for all concerned - and less reliant upon the bunker

I've had some pretty shit stuff going on over the weekend so that win was very welcome relief. After a long time between drinks, it felt so good to finally experience a victory and just remember what that feeling is like. I felt like I couldn't fully enjoy it the way I normally would, but it's still a good feeling.

Great to do it in such a special Round for our club too. It's a proud week and the boys certainly lifted for it. They put in a proud performance and as a result, we should all be proud.

Our attack really clicked, which is crazy when you think about it. No Cody, numerous position changes going into the game, and even more changes on the fly, but it well and truly worked. Scintillating attack at times, some of the tries we scored were beautiful, the kind of execution we haven't seen before. A few were gritty tries as well, straight through the front door. I've got to give our forwards a wrap, they laid the platform for that win. Look what happens when they actually lift and win a forward battle! It was amazing.

Keaon was the deserved man of the match, that's the best I've seen him play since Origin 3 last year. Incredible really, he was massive. Jack did great at 5/8 before he was concussed, Kep played his best game for us, I thought Cooky was very good despite all the changes, and Trell probably had his best game of the year too in his Round. Hats off to him.

Our defence still leaves a bit to be desired. After we got out to 22-0, there's no way we should have let them claw it back to the point where they were still in the game for much of the second half. That was a little disappointing, but a win's a win, I guess.

I was mostly just impressed with the attitude. It was spot on. We haven't seen that kind of attitude and that kind of application from all the boys in a long time. But if we do that going forward, there's no doubt we win more games and probably don't cop the spoon.

Thank God for that!!

Back