• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Random Stats Thread

And some surprising ones (Rabbits only).

Tom Burgess leads missed tackles. Made 36, missed 11.

Latrell Mitchell leads total runs and run metres across the first 3 games (top 3 when averaged). Also leads tackle breaks and line break assists.

Tass has the most runs ‘less than 8 metres.’

Tatola and Koloamatangi the leading forwards for +8 metre runs.

Last edited:
While we don’t suck in every statistical area (some we’re even middle of the table), interesting to see where we’re doing the worse three games in.

Averages per game across all 17 teams so far:

Completion Rate 17th
Offloads 16th
Attacking Kicks 16th
Penalties Awarded 16th
Kick Metres 15th
Forced Drop Outs 15th
Dummy Half Runs 15th
Goal Kicking Percentage 14th
Run Metres 14th
General Play Passes 13th

Run Metres Conceded 1st
Errors 2nd
Missed Tackles 3rd

Narrows it down. :)

I guess, fixing our completion rate, line speed, and kicking probably gets us the biggest yield?
If only we had a pre season to get ready and 5 days a week in season to train.

And some surprising ones.

Tom Burgess leads missed tackles. Made 36, missed 11.

Latrell Mitchell leads total runs and run metres across the first 3 games (top 3 when averaged). Also leads tackle breaks and line break assists.

Tass has the most runs ‘less than 8 metres.’

Tatola and Koloamatangi the leading forwards for +8 metre runs.
Not surprising to me with Tom actually. I feel he's playing one season too many in the NRL. Tass is one of those players I eluded to earlier that has not improved at all since he arrived in top grade. Competent fill in player but nothing more.

Those numbers for Mitchell are impressive no doubt.
Wonder how many tries he has failed to stop compared to Teddy?

Those numbers for Mitchell are impressive no doubt.
Wonder how many tries he has failed to stop compared to Teddy?
For mine, that's 100% the issue.
He's not questioned with ball in hand, for the most part.
But he sure as **** is baaaaaad in defence.
I'm sure that's most peoples gripe with him at the moment hey

While we don’t suck in every statistical area (some we’re even middle of the table), interesting to see where we’re doing the worse three games in.

Averages per game across all 17 teams so far:

Completion Rate 17th
Offloads 16th
Attacking Kicks 16th
Penalties Awarded 16th
Kick Metres 15th
Forced Drop Outs 15th
Dummy Half Runs 15th
Goal Kicking Percentage 14th
Run Metres 14th
General Play Passes 13th

Run Metres Conceded 1st
Errors 2nd
Missed Tackles 3rd

Narrows it down. :)

I guess, fixing our completion rate, line speed, and kicking probably gets us the biggest yield?
Underrated stat here is the penalties awarded. Matty Johns has commented on it a few times, were the best team at scoring from set points, whether that is penalties or scrums. Teams have mastered how to limit our yardage without giving away penalties. Even set restarts are fine, because it still doesn’t give us time to get into our shape

Underrated stat here is the penalties awarded. Matty Johns has commented on it a few times, were the best team at scoring from set points, whether that is penalties or scrums. Teams have mastered how to limit our yardage without giving away penalties. Even set restarts are fine, because it still doesn’t give us time to get into our shape
Klein has reffed us for 2 games without awarding us a single discretionary penalty. They've all been mandatory ones (offside in attack, high tackle, stripping, etc).

You're right - we really struggle to swing momentum on our own.

For mine, that's 100% the issue.
He's not questioned with ball in hand, for the most part.
But he sure as **** is baaaaaad in defence.
I'm sure that's most peoples gripe with him at the moment hey
Watch the replay if a try is scored and Mitchell is generally on the other side of the field.?

The pile-on on defensive positioning is a bit over the top IMO.

There were some forgettable moments across the board last week.

The pile-on on defensive positioning is a bit over the top IMO.

There were some forgettable moments across the board last week.
He is a cheap shot Latrell. I love when we’re down 18-0, had no ball and getting rolled and people are going WHERES LATRELL?
Likewise any try conceded it seems to be WHERES LATRELL? But I’m sure if we watched other fullbacks with the same razor focus we’d find plenty of instances they arent in the picture.

I've noticed that once a "fan" gets it in their head that they dislike a certain player, that view is very hard to shift even when the player starts doing better. They then start looking at only the worst things and ignoring the good.

He is a cheap shot Latrell. I love when we’re down 18-0, had no ball and getting rolled and people are going WHERES LATRELL?
Likewise any try conceded it seems to be WHERES LATRELL? But I’m sure if we watched other fullbacks with the same razor focus we’d find plenty of instances they arent in the picture.
When we are down 18-0 is it because Mitchell has gone MIA again.
The bloke is rarely in position to tackle the ball carrier and lets AJ catch the bombs!
Add to that he wants to pass the ball to his wingers instead of carting the ball up!
But he scores a great try to make the score look better!
Last year against the Knights he played a role in five tries,( for the Knights )

I've noticed that once a "fan" gets it in their head that they dislike a certain player, that view is very hard to shift even when the player starts doing better. They then start looking at only the worst things and ignoring the good.

Exactly….it consumes them. I’ve often said here that some are so forensic on our guys and fail to see the errors made are no different to a lot of others in other clubs.
if Walker drops a ball or doesnt set up 4 tries it’s deemed he had a shocker 😆😆

Back