• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Can someone point me to the announcement by the NRL, or even the discussion paper commissioned by the ARL Commission on this topic?

Cause in my opinion it's that sewer of a show, just making shit up because they've run out of things to be outraged by.

Absolutley spot on.
if you actually watch the end of that 360 segment you’ll see that Ritchie actually gives Kent a wink…..”hey mate, we stirred that one up”

On the kickoff, I’d prefer if they came up with a way to reward creative play from the restart instead of outlawing the hit up.

On the kickoff, I’d prefer if they came up with a way to reward creative play from the restart instead of outlawing the hit up.
Agree.

I'd also be interested to trial a couple of scenarios that reduce the potential for concussion.

1. If the team kicking off kicks the ball into the in goal on the full, then the receiving team get the ball on the 20 metre line with a 6 tackle set (yes, stolen from the NFL)

2. And if there are more than 3 passes on the initial play/the ball travels more than 20 metres from where it was caught - then the attacking team gets an extra tackle.

I think you can minimise the impact of Front row forwards careening out of the in goal, by providing some incentives.

(To be clear though, to the best of my knowledge there has been no announcement by the NRL that they are going to change the kick off/ban the kick off).

Or, you know, just let men be men and play football.

Get them to sign waivers every contract, attend health seminars, whatever you need to do to educate the players and let them fully understand the risks involved with a collision sport.

Then, just let them play.

Or, you know, just let men be men and play football.

Get them to sign waivers every contract, attend health seminars, whatever you need to do to educate the players and let them fully understand the risks involved with a collision sport.

Then, just let them play.
I agree with this too.

And again those fokker friendships have created a story out of thin air, fomented fake outrage and gone to bed happy, because footy fans are now talking about it.

Then the NRL will come out and deny, and that will give K*nt another round of fake outrage and the cycle continues.

It's ****ing annoying - and I know I'm participating in it.

Onya Trell, Cody and Ty Ty!

Have listened to a few podcasts this week and my goodness is Justin Horo clueless. Good footballer certainly doesn't mean good analyst.

Have listened to a few podcasts this week and my goodness is Justin Horo clueless. Good footballer certainly doesn't mean good analyst.
I like Justin, like everyone, he isn’t beyond a clanger, but I actually think he stumbles across semi interesting stuff from time to time.

Bit pike Alex McKinnon. Not all gold, but every now and again lands on a point of difference that’s interesting - albeit if not flawless itself.

Level is a solid podcast. Bit of a different vibe with hyped up Willie.

Makes sense.
Stop the rebuild to look into spending even more money than initially thought, which was kyboshed

Bloody ridiculous.
Government level ridiculous, which is even worse

The strange part is why wasnt Allianz future proofed so that a roof could be added later on?
Who designed it and forgot to add that in?

The challenge will be the grass. The modern stadiums roll the playing field into the stadium when required. Would be a big retrofit for Accor.

Back