• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Being at Allegiant, and other sporting stadiums in the States just proved how massively far off them we are with our stadiums.

Suncorp is brilliant yet it’s not a shade on Allegiant

Being at Allegiant, and other sporting stadiums in the States just proved how massively far off them we are with our stadiums.

Suncorp is brilliant yet it’s not a shade on Allegiant
Doesn't say much for our suburban grounds.

Makes sense.
Stop the rebuild to look into spending even more money than initially thought, which was kyboshed

Bloody ridiculous.
Government level ridiculous, which is even worse
Why re-build a stadium (twice) at Parramatta, which is 10km from Homebush (driving).

Why knock down a stadium that was built in the 90’s and then put up the exact same ****ing thing in its place.

Why spend $300m+ on a stadium in Penrith and not expand the seating capacity.

I could go on…but **** me Governments on both sides know how to waste money.

(As an aside, I think we’ve just finished paying the Olympic costs off, so no better time to spend even more money on it! 🙄)

Why knock down a stadium that was built in the 90’s and then put up the exact same ****ing thing in its place.
Was thinking the same thing upon my first visit.
It's so similar to the old one it's like they just gave it a bit of clean-up.
Even the big screen isn't so big.
Not impressed at all for the outlay

Forgetting Sydney’s needs, from a strictly NRL point of view, Accor is really only worthwhile for Origin and the Grand Final. That’s 2 games a year.

Allianz and Commbank are far superior stadiums for 99.9% of every other NRL game (those 50k crowds are rare as rocking horse shit - thanks Freddy & The Eighth for that colloquialism).

Suncorp holds mid 50’s, Allianz mid 40’s, and Commbank 30k.

I have zero issue with the NRL playing almost all of their Sydney NRL matches out of those 2 purpose built NRL stadiums.

I get the nuance that Sharks and Manly fans are elite bogans that won’t leave their respective embassies in the north and south. So let them die a slow death in those grounds. Have at it.

And let’s acknowledge that Penrith might as well not be in Sydney it’s that far away. :)

We have regions to represent, so I also have no problem with the Tigers taking a couple of games to Campbelltown and Leichardt (with a minor facelift), and the Dragons taking a couple to Illawarra. It also ticks a nostalgia and tribalism box.

Bar that, IMO, Souths, Roosters, Dragons, should be playing out of Allianz, Tigers should shift between Allianz and Commbank depending on opposition (representing their split alliegence between east and west), and the Eels and Dogs should be out of Commbank.

And if they’re smart, the Sharks and Sea Eagles will take a couple of marquee games to Allianz too in an effort to slowly halt the aversion to travel their fan bases hold.

It’s not rocket science.

We have an elite venue in the city and and elite venue in the west. The teams distribute well between those 2 locations. Direct all the traffic to 2 spots and move on.

On the kickoff, I’d prefer if they came up with a way to reward creative play from the restart instead of outlawing the hit up.
The NFL this year is introducing a new kickoff rule whereby the kicking team must remain behind the half way line until the ball is touched by a player on the receiving team. Thus giving the receiving team time to see the defenders ( and perhaps find a way through then ) before being crunched. Actually seems like a good more exciting restart.

The NFL this year is introducing a new kickoff rule whereby the kicking team must remain behind the half way line until the ball is touched by a player on the receiving team. Thus giving the receiving team time to see the defenders ( and perhaps find a way through then ) before being crunched. Actually seems like a good more exciting restart.
I actually think they line up in the opposing half, on the 40m line 🤔

Back