• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lewis Dodd

Home game for Sam's team. At Halliwell Jones Stadium. There is a statue of a Brian Bevan an Australian in front of the ground. The only player ever to be inducted into both the English and Aust hall of fame. That's the guy who scored some insane number of tries.Just looked it up. 757 tries in 670 games. Mostly played for Warrington but had 8 games for Eastern Suburbs prior to that.

Ive been thinking, did we buy Dodd as a halfback, or can Wayne manufacture him into a hooker?

Ive been thinking, did we buy Dodd as a halfback, or can Wayne manufacture him into a hooker?

Well we’re turning everyone else into hookers, why not? :)

Mind you, if you are paying ~$600k, can you just not buy an established 9 instead of getting cute with it?

There are certainly options in the 7 and 9 with different combinations of Dodd, Humphreys and Ilias though if they feel like getting creative.

Mitchell, Walker, Dodd, Humphreys/Ilas
Mitchell, Wighton, Walker, Dodd
Mitchell, Walker, Humphreys/Ilias, Dodd
Gray, Mitchell, Walker, Dodd
Munro, Mitchell, Walker, Dodd

I’m sure there are other permutations.

Well we’re turning everyone else into hookers, why not? :)

Mind you, if you are paying ~$600k, can you just not buy an established 9 instead of getting cute with it?

There are certainly options in the 7 and 9 with different combinations of Dodd, Humphreys and Ilias though if they feel like getting creative.

Mitchell, Walker, Dodd, Humphreys/Ilas
Mitchell, Wighton, Walker, Dodd
Mitchell, Walker, Humphreys/Ilias, Dodd
Gray, Mitchell, Walker, Dodd
Munro, Mitchell, Walker, Dodd

I’m sure there are other permutations.
Mitchell, Walker, Dodd, Humphreys, Illias and Gray are 6 players for 4 spots. There are 360 permutations. That should be enough.

If you want a hooker then buy a hooker....not a half. Dodd is a half, he probably can play hooker but his best position is half. We gave illias over 2 years at 7. Why not, at the very least, give this kid a few games in his best position, which is 7. He might be a good player so he deserves a fair go from us.

If you want a hooker then buy a hooker....not a half. Dodd is a half, he probably can play hooker but his best position is half. We gave illias over 2 years at 7. Why not, at the very least, give this kid a few games in his best position, which is 7. He might be a good player so he deserves a fair go from us.
Well he probably won't get a fair go on here. Hard markers this mob. I'd like to see a future pairing of Dodd 7 and Illias or Gray at 6 once Cody retires, but I'm sure I'll get crucified for this observation...🤣

Lewis Dodd was not named in this week's Warrington v St Hellens game. Still injured. Perhaps next week. I think Sam's Wolves will be too strong for St Hellens this week. At least Sam's English team is having a good year.

What have we bought Humphreys for?

Well he probably won't get a fair go on here. Hard markers this mob. I'd like to see a future pairing of Dodd 7 and Illias or Gray at 6 once Cody retires, but I'm sure I'll get crucified for this observation...🤣
Rightfully so lol

Hard to do the math due to the sketchy ESL site, but looking at the chasers, would I be right in saying that St Helens don’t have a finals spot sewn up as yet?

Last edited:
Hard to do the math due to the sketchy ESL site, but looking at the chasers, would I be right in saying that St Helens don’t have a finals spot seen up as yet?
If you mean sown up then yes

Latest posts

Back