• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lets have it.. who is the next coach?

It’s unfortunate they aren’t ripping the band aid off right away.

But I guess there’s a process and there is a coaching payout to consider.

Oh well, we’ll wait till we lose some more games.

It’s unfortunate they aren’t ripping the band aid off right away.

But I guess there’s a process and there is a coaching payout to consider.

Oh well, we’ll wait till we lose some more games.
I also don’t think the Tele reaching out to Rusty for a comment, you are going to get an honest response. Not like he’s going to reply, “yep I’m sick of the bloke he can’t coach, sacking him tomorrow”. Felt more like the dreaded “backing of the board”.

I also don’t think the Tele reaching out to Rusty for a comment, you are going to get an honest response. Not like he’s going to reply, “yep I’m sick of the bloke he can’t coach, sacking him tomorrow”. Felt more like the dreaded “backing of the board”.
Totally.

But they could end it now. There’s nothing stopping them except logical foresight and public perception.

We’ll need to wait till the car does its final few flips and comes to rest in the ditch before we acknowledge we were in free fall.

Totally.

But they could end it now. There’s nothing stopping them except logical foresight and public perception.

We’ll need to wait till the car does its final few flips and comes to rest in the ditch before we acknowledge we were in free fall.
Ye it’s a tough one. I agree I don’t think JD is turning this around so it will inevitably end with him losing his job. But to sack a coach after 3 rounds is unheard of, unless there’s a recent case I’m missing? Of course there’s the added fact of last years capitulation also, but I think they will get to the bye and see where we are at.

Your inability to read a game or peoples comments without defaulting to a narrow, irrational populous view is staggering, amost as staggering as your inability to read a game. Mind you you’re in good company with some around Here

now, as to what I said. If you’re at all capable of comprehension, read again

The rorters defense wasnt much better than ours.💡💡💡💡

30 missed tackles to our 36💡 so in your world 30 is ok 😆😆
15 ineffective to 19……well done scoop. So much better😆😆😆
After we gifted them the ball with 28/40 completions. 😜

AND, if we didn’t turn the ball over with dumbarse mistakes and put them under more pressure, their stats would be equal to or worse than ours.
Have you heard of a thing called scrambling defence

That’s when others work hard to cover the miss of another

This is what separates poor defensive teams and the better ones

We have two players in our whole team that do it

Ilias and Murray, our fullback has forgotten what a cover tackle is since 21

But keep posting your dribble it’s good to have a laugh in these dark times

Latrell and Cody co-captain coaches
Interesting thought. Back in the day John Sattler was forever in trouble with referees because of his aggressive attitude on the field. Then they made him captain to lead the way and carry more responsibility. The rest is history.
Would Trell or Cody have the same effect. Being responsible for the team instead of the other way around.

Yes, JD and the coaching situation, an interesting topic.

We have heard in various threads that JD has no idea, should not have stuck with Ilias and shoud make Mitchell play in the centres. These things are offered as evidence he has no idea.

Some people have asked for Billy Slater to be approached to coach us when we sack JD.

Interesting suggestion. Was listening to Slater during the week talking about Souths, he was asked what he would do.

Slater said he would put Ilias back at 7 as he is the future of Souths at 7 and they need to support him.

He also said he would leave Mitchell at fullback as he is far more damaging from that position, I think Slater knows a little bit about what makes a good fullback.

So if we did get Slater would we be calling for him to be sacked because he essentially agrees with JD on Ilias and Mitchell?

Is Slater yet another one who has no idea?

Yes, JD and the coaching situation, an interesting topic.

We have heard in various threads that JD has no idea, should not have stuck with Ilias and shoud make Mitchell play in the centres. These things are offered as evidence he has no idea.

Some people have asked for Billy Slater to be approached to coach us when we sack JD.

Interesting suggestion. Was listening to Slater during the week talking about Souths, he was asked what he would do.

Slater said he would put Ilias back at 7 as he is the future of Souths at 7 and they need to support him.

He also said he would leave Mitchell at fullback as he is far more damaging from that position, I think Slater knows a little bit about what makes a good fullback.

So if we did get Slater would we be calling for him to be sacked because he essentially agrees with JD on Ilias and Mitchell?

Is Slater yet another one who has no idea?

People are calling JD to be sacked because we went from first place after 10 rounds to missing the finals in a massive implosion, gave him an offseason to turn things around and we look no better, in fact we look even worse.

We were a top 4 team, under JD we finished 7th and 9th on the ladder.

People are calling JD to be sacked because we went from first place after 10 rounds to missing the finals in a massive implosion, gave him an offseason to turn things around and we look no better, in fact we look even worse.

We were a top 4 team, under JD we finished 7th and 9th on the ladder.
I nominate @Statler @Waldorf and myself as interim co-coaches for the remainder of da season! We’ll get da boys ROOTIN’ SHOOTIN’ HOOTIN’ and a HOLLERIN’ all da way to premiership glory!!! Forget da Walker brothers…we’re the WOOOOO-ker Bruddas!!!
Da BIA…not the heroes SSFC wants at da moment, but the heroes SSFC needs at da moment!!! 💚❤️

Latest posts

Back