• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lets have it.. who is the next coach?

Dean Pay to come in for the rest of the year and fix up our defensive structures would be nice.
It’s not a terrible shout. I actually thought he was hard done by the Dogs given the squad he had. I think I’d prefer that as a caretaker option than just giving it to Hornby

Think 2015-17….
You are either too young or have a short memory….
Madge was bereft of ideas and had no Plan B.
I think you are looking through rose coloured glasses.

No thanks….
At least Madge was a disciplinarian and thats what this team needs currently. Not someone who is gonna be soft on them and let them just do what they want. It’s clear JD is out of his depth dealing with big personalities in our team.

That is my Dad you’re responding to @rabbitohleigh i didn’t know but he’s just joined the Pride. He’s as passionate as I am 😊 we will be at the next 3 home games.

The defense will be ok when we stop making 17 errors a game

The rorters defense wasnt much better than ours.
We need to still be able to defend our areas to an extent the good teams defend errors.

JD is now the defensive coach and we seem to be getting worse

The defense will be ok when we stop making 17 errors a game

The rorters defense wasnt much better than ours.
Can’t say I agree with that. Against Manly we had 80% completion rate. At the moment we have no resilience in defence. I thought against the Broncos our goal line defence was better for most part, but the Broncos completion rate was also poor. They left a few tries out there.

So a coach rights his wrongs and he has nothing to do with it?

The coach has a job to get the best out of his players. He was able to flick a switch with Ponga. He was able to get others around him firing as well.

I wouldn’t be using the Roosters as an example. Especially from that point last year.

Funny how you try and put words into my mouth. Nowhere did I ever say I rate him. But at least I can acknowledge that he played a part in getting them to turn their season around.

You're saying it's his coaching, you saying it was him that made players perform better.

Yet the same players were performing shit when Ponga was playing out of position.

So moving your star player back to a position he should have been playing in from the start makes him a good coach?

It saved his career doing it, but he still a poor coach and there was still no guarantee ponga performs like he did making that change as ponga can be rocks or diamonds at times but he was in peak form and when he is knights are hard to beat and they had a decent draw in that run as well

So Ponga saved Obrien's coaching career.
Can you actually read and comprehend what was said or you just want to argue for the sake of it. You have a knack of putting things people say and twist it.

Can you comprehend what “played a part” actually means?

O’Brien made the decision to move Ponga back. He tried something and after 6 rounds moved him back. It was his decision to do that. So his decision to do that ended up saving his career.

No your first post said if he can do a Adam Obrien turn things around.

but he didn't turn around anything.

He basically just fixed a team selection **** up that he created his own self because he was about to get the sack and lucky for him it worked out.

Sheer luck.

Because as i repeated, even changing pongs back to fullback, it was no guarantee it would turn things around, no one saw them winning 10 games straight and they had to do that to make the finals.

We aren't in that same boat

Then you tried to say he made players play better but no evidence of that, ponga's form made those players play better around him because super star players have that ability.

It was his form that got them 10 wins in a row.

Personally i just think you forgot that ponga
Was playing five-eighth and you thought he was playing fullback the whole time which is why you originally thought obrien got them out of it.

Now you trying to say you don't rate obrien when i said you must rate him thinking he helped turned things around which contradicts things you said that he helped improved players with his coaching.

Ponga is fullback now and they're 0-2

He has dropped hastings, if ponga ain't performing the Knights are screwed.

But obrien got lucky ponga hit a purple patch of form and saved his coaching career

Can’t say I agree with that. Against Manly we had 80% completion rate. At the moment we have no resilience in defence. I thought against the Broncos our goal line defence was better for most part, but the Broncos completion rate was also poor. They left a few tries out there.

I just think that lack of resilience, which I agree with, is due to the errors and then we put ourselves under pressure and fatigue.
fix that and the rest will follow

I just think that lack of resilience, which I agree with, is due to the errors and then we put ourselves under pressure and fatigue.
fix that and the rest will follow
My issue is we are not fixing that. Last year our defence for the first 11 rounds was defending our errors. You don’t go through 80 minutes without errors.

Of course preventing those errors help. Because you won’t have to put yourself in those positions. But at the moment we are folding when things don’t go our way. That is a huge concern.

And geez it’s not going our way. We have our issues and then Klein, the bunker and the bounce of the ball are conspiring against us😰😰
I domt like Klein but he was the least of our worries last night we need to look at ourselves. Play a bit better put effort in and the right attitude and things might start turning

Think 2015-17….

No thanks….
I wouldn’t call 60 young. Who would you choose, hopefully not Bennett as he leaves clubs in a mess aka Dragons, Knights etc. JD is not the answer. Madge is South Sydney through and through.

You’re right but there were certainly instances where klein blew the whistle targeting us and in reality the penalties would have gone the other way under other refs the last few weeks.
the classic was Host being pinged for not playing the ball correctly. We were deep in their area on the attack.
every other week the rorters would have been pinged for laying all over him and the other bloke did a leg pull but no….Klein sees a poor play the ball🤮🤮

thefe we’re quite a few others

Think 2015-17….

No thanks….
Nah I’m old enough to have seen too many “well let’s see how we go next year” and the thought of cheering on for a Charity Shield win was well and truly over.

I’m actually preferring JD just does his job and gets a premiership winning side on paper to perform and gets us back in the finals this year. I still can’t believe we dissolved so easily last year and so far in 2024 we are just a rabble after just 3 games and I can take a loss but our negative differential looks beyond disappointing.

So if JD is gone then simply thought Madge as last up winning NZ coach against Australia in late 2023 would be good otherwise bring in Wayne for 2025.

You just keep getting more ridiculous

48-6 🤣😂🤣

I think it was a lot better

Your inability to read a game or peoples comments without defaulting to a narrow, irrational populous view is staggering, amost as staggering as your inability to read a game. Mind you you’re in good company with some around Here

now, as to what I said. If you’re at all capable of comprehension, read again

The rorters defense wasnt much better than ours.💡💡💡💡

30 missed tackles to our 36💡 so in your world 30 is ok 😆😆
15 ineffective to 19……well done scoop. So much better😆😆😆
After we gifted them the ball with 28/40 completions. 😜

AND, if we didn’t turn the ball over with dumbarse mistakes and put them under more pressure, their stats would be equal to or worse than ours.

Last edited:

Back