• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lets have it.. who is the next coach?

I've previously been happy enough with JD as coach as I've taken injuries into account, but this year even with the massively disrupting injury count, it's clear there's something off with this side. There seems to be a total lack of communication out there, especially from our senior players, and it's just a hope-and-see attitude from them. That ridiculous intercept pass that Cody threw and Cam's equally ridiculous challenges on his mistakes just ooze discontentment and non commitment out there. Maybe moving the coach on will help with this; maybe it won't, but I don't see any other alternatives at present. He got me this year when he replaced Illias with Hawkins. Today was just as bizarre a call picking Mamo instead of Davvy. I think we'll have a real problem with actually getting a decent coach that can turn this around, though.

Whoever it is needs has a tough road to walk.

Whoever it is needs has a tough road to walk.
I can't see anyone out there right now and those advocating Sam are smoking some good stuff. He hasn't completed a year of coaching yet, won't be a pin-up boy amongst the other staff in the club given his big mouth and it's also common knowledge he won't be getting out of his contract in England.

As much as i would love to see Sam end up being a great coach for Souths to throw him in now unproven would be equal to our Langmack coaching decision..

Who says Sam or Bennett want to come here.

Coach - Wayne Bennett

Assistants Sam Burgess & Michael Ennis. Both very tough & will tell the players straight with no bullshit.

Whoever it is, together with Richo returning, has to make the hugely tough calls on a few players contracts. Some need to be shown the door and, preferably, be used to barter with potential replacements who are still contracted elsewhere.

It’s not just players.
The footy department needs an overhaul.
We look so incredibly unfit and our heads are so far away, they’re not even in the same ****ing country at the moment.

These changes need hard heads.
Richo obviously.
Who else?

Since this is a thread about coaching

My example is Bellemy.

Take a player like Nelson Asofa-Solomona, good player, big in size.

He came back to training over-weight and Bellemy was pissed with him, there is talk of him being booted out of the Club because it doesn't fit Bellemy's standards

He is currently playing reserve grade as well

You think same would happen at our club under JD?

Nelson would be straight in first grade and would be one of those players who makes the side regardless because he is an international big name player.

Difference in standards and not being afraid to make big calls on big name players, where they are all treated equally.

I would love to see JD punt Cody, Latrell and Cook to reserve grade to send a message.

It would either go one of 2 ways though.

1. The rest of the team would wake up to themselves and put in some effort
Or
2. Force an even bigger divide amongst the playing group and lead to his early demise.

He is probably on the way out the door anyways so might as well roll the dice...

Jd has one more week to save his job?

Don't see the point in giving him one more day.

Million to one chance he turns things around at the club.

No one else he can blame for this season

Back