• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Lets have it.. who is the next coach?

Yes, JD and the coaching situation, an interesting topic.

We have heard in various threads that JD has no idea, should not have stuck with Ilias and shoud make Mitchell play in the centres. These things are offered as evidence he has no idea.

Some people have asked for Billy Slater to be approached to coach us when we sack JD.

Interesting suggestion. Was listening to Slater during the week talking about Souths, he was asked what he would do.

Slater said he would put Ilias back at 7 as he is the future of Souths at 7 and they need to support him.

He also said he would leave Mitchell at fullback as he is far more damaging from that position, I think Slater knows a little bit about what makes a good fullback.

So if we did get Slater would we be calling for him to be sacked because he essentially agrees with JD on Ilias and Mitchell?

Is Slater yet another one who has no idea?
Pretty sure you said that once Sam has gone we would improve.

We had the whole off season and no improvement. We aren't even competitive with top sides at present. I don't think our entire roster has aged so much that in less than a year we go from top 4 team to bottom 4 but that is what has happened. So where is the problem if it isn't the coach and recruitment (of which the coach is part of)?

At this point Sams seems to have been right all along. Standards have dropped.

No, never said that.
We had the whole off season and no improvement. We aren't even competitive with top sides at present. I don't think our entire roster has aged so much that in less than a year we go from top 4 team to bottom 4 but that is what has happened. So where is the problem if it isn't the coach and recruitment (of which the coach is part of)?

You've missed the point, I have not stated my position on JD nor am I here to hang him or stick up for him or debate his abilities.

My post is about an alleged saviour people want (Slater) having the same ideas as JD.

Simples.

Just on that though, for anyone who did say that or believes it, then it still remains to be seen whether or not we improve, it's Rd4.

My personal feeling is that we will improve a little but probably not enough for JD to retain his position.

However league is a funny game, we could also still make the top 4.

Too early to call obviously and we will have to wait and see if there is any improvement and to what degree.

Just on that though, for anyone who did say that or believes it, then it still remains to be seen whether or not we improve, it's Rd4.

My personal feeling is that we will improve a little but probably not enough for JD to retain his position.

Too early to call obviously and we will have to wait and see if there is any improvement and to what degree.
We had the whole off season with no Sam.

I'm sure we will improve. We can't get much worse, I guess, apart from 50+ losses.

League is a funny game and anything is possible, but statistically unlikely that we will play in finals or GF at this stage. Hoping for one of those against all odds seasons but it is not likely.

We had the whole off season with no Sam.

I'm sure we will improve. We can't get much worse, I guess, apart from 50+ losses.

League is a funny game and anything is possible, but statistically unlikely that we will play in finals or GF at this stage. Hoping for one of those against all odds seasons but it is not likely.

They said the same thing in 2014.

Top 4 cmon mate no chance.

Make the call Souths…
They better be mentally tough because they need to make some very tough calls with under performing high paid stars…

The team is a shambles a new coach will only fill the cracks not fix them…

bugger it lets try something different Get the Walker brothers !!!!

They’ll wait till one of the byes. I think.

We have 3 in fairly quick succession.
They’ll start with JD but there are other issues too if we don’t address those the mess won’t be fixed

Please don't call him out or speak the truth he will have a massive dummy spit and try to gas light you like his BFF

We need a coach with BALLS to make tough decisions. We need a massive clean out.

Back