• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

Without surgery he was looking at 4 weeks. Surgery was season ending.
So….my understanding was that a Lisfranc injury involved a long term treatment and recovery period but it now appears that it’s quite variable in severity. I guess we‘re conditioned to thinking an ACL (as an example) was a year or more out of the game, whereas an MCL was much less severe. Are we to assume that a) it wasn’t a Lisfranc or b) it is a less severe Lisfranc injury ?

I saw both after the game and it was chalk and cheese between the 2. Paulo struggling in a moon boot. Latrell rushing to get to his car with no moon boot.
So there you go, Paulo is a lot heavier and his ankle is worse. Case closed :)

So….my understanding was that a Lisfranc injury involved a long term treatment and recovery period but it now appears that it’s quite variable in severity. I guess we‘re conditioned to thinking an ACL (as an example) was a year or more out of the game, whereas an MCL was much less severe. Are we to assume that a) it wasn’t a Lisfranc or b) it is a less severe Lisfranc injury ?
Think there are strains and then more serious ones that require surgery? Like any soft tissue situation I’d suppose.

Latest posts

Back