• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

WB spoke about Illias future at Souths not too long ago and mentioned him at 9. That would put Ryan Gray behind 3 other players. Extremely unlikely him being called upon in 2025.
There are more variables than that. There could be an injury to Dodd in the halves which means that Humphries or Ilias is playing seven in first grade.

There are more variables than that. There could be an injury to Dodd in the halves which means that Humphries or Ilias is playing seven in first grade.
Yes I am aware of that, especially after the injuries this season. You put PM and Humphreys infront of RG for the 9 spot. I think that since Wayne mentioned it, Illias is also ahead of RG for the 9 spot. I would throw Liva in as well. It's just my opinion but RG is 5th in the que for the 9 spot and unless we have an injury season like this year, unlikely to be called upon.

Starting, interchange. No real difference anymore.

PM has 25 NRL starts plus 10 Internationals for Greece.
From what I have seen it's usually the starting 9 that gets the lions share of time. Like 60 mins to 20 mins. I would rather have an 80 min 9 like Cook then the interchange spot can be used for a backrower or prop.

To be frank,as far as hooker and halves go, I am confident that we will end up with great 6,7,9,14 with backup ... AND if reports about Trell are true, we coold be looking at a truly elite spine for the coming years.
Sure Trell and Cody and Illias have had their critics, but I think deep down, we all want to forgive and forget and just want them all to gel ..that would be their greatest gift to WB and co...imo

From what I have seen it's usually the starting 9 that gets the lions share of time. Like 60 mins to 20 mins. I would rather have an 80 min 9 like Cook then the interchange spot can be used for a backrower or prop.
I sort of agree with that, but if we are looking at an 80 minute 9, I dont think PM is in that space...at least not yet anyway.

Back