• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

I’ve read that if he fights it and loses it will be a 2 match ban, which I can’t work out either.

The system is rigged I tell ya.
Just realised that. Didn’t see that bit. I’ve always just assumed that if you fight a grade one that is a fine then it’s just a higher fine.

I’ve said for a while the system is just wrong.

But we should have fought the one against the Bulldogs.

Just realised that. Didn’t see that bit. I’ve always just assumed that if you fight a grade one that is a fine then it’s just a higher fine.

I’ve said for a while the system is just wrong.

But we should have fought the one against the Bulldogs.
Absolutely should’ve fought the one against the Bulldogs. Nothing surer.

Can’t fight this one though. Even though the tackle wasn’t a hip drop and the Parra player contributed by twisting in the tackle.

I still can’t believe the Parra player wasn’t even charged. ****ing ridiculous.

Agree, but hopefully by next year we have seen how Gray has developed and maybe a Munro or Mellars for a wing spot. I do still think Latrell will prob be the one given Wayne loves Cody, but just good for thought
It’s going to be interesting. There are contracted players that won’t be playing for us next year. As you would have heard Wayne has been making moves for a while.

Latrell won’t be in the halves next year. When Jye comes back though he can make the fullback position his own. But for now I see them using him more as a utility bench player just like we did with Benji back in 2021.

So much to happen between now and when Wayne gets here.

It’s going to be interesting. There are contracted players that won’t be playing for us next year. As you would have heard Wayne has been making moves for a while.

Latrell won’t be in the halves next year. When Jye comes back though he can make the fullback position his own. But for now I see them using him more as a utility bench player just like we did with Benji back in 2021.

So much to happen between now and when Wayne gets here.
Yep have heard a few things regarding what Wayne is planning in the background. Gray definitely makes sense as the 14 next year, but as Latrell gets older maybe 6 is the transition eventually. A lot also depends on how Dodd goes

Yep have heard a few things regarding what Wayne is planning in the background. Gray definitely makes sense as the 14 next year, but as Latrell gets older maybe 6 is the transition eventually. A lot also depends on how Dodd goes
I can’t see Cody going beyond 2025. That’s when we can transition with Latrell to 6. What does that mean for Wighton? Loved that kick he put through and followed with the chase.

I would also like to see Jye play in the halves at some point this season. See how he handles the front line defence.

From what I understand we have signed a prop and backrower already.

When has he ever played fullback in first grade? Apart from the one set against the Cowboys last week he has only been on the wing.

If the choice is between Latrell at fullback or Gagai at fullback then it’s Latrell every day of the week.
You need to read the thread in context. Prior comments were that Latrell should remain at 6. With him at 6, I was suggesting Gagai to full back. I'll go back and find the game, but early in the season, probably the first two games while Latrell was on leave, Gagai played full back.

You need to read the thread in context. Prior comments were that Latrell should remain at 6. With him at 6, I was suggesting Gagai to full back. I'll go back and find the game, but early in the season, probably the first two games while Latrell was on leave, Gagai played full back.
Look all you want. Gagai has only ever been wing in first grade. Last thing we need is a guy in our side as depth on the wing playing fullback for us.

If we want to play Latrell at 6 it won’t be whist having Gagai at fullback.

Gagai never played FB in first grade.

Jye Gray played there the 3 games Latrell was suspended.

When Jye went off the field in the first game, Wighton went to FB for 15 mins. Then when Gray got injured in his third game, Cook went to fullback.

This is bound to add to the pile on but, given it involves our highest paid player and hasn't appeared on this thread yet, it's worth repeating.

On the latest episode of The Fan (3:00 from the end of Ep13 ), they ask 3x players their Maccas order:
- Xavier Coates "Double McChicken meal with a Fanta, 10x McNuggets, a Cheeseburger + a McFlurry"
- Latrell Mitchell "Double McChicken with a Fanta, Large Fries, 24x McNuggets + a Frappe"
- Toby Rudolph "10x McNuggets, Quarterpounder + random selections from the menu"

Now, Latrell did accuse Vossy of wanting click bait before he answered... make of that what you will. But that's a monster load of calories and saturated fats. Not judging. Just repeating. And, honestly, surprised.

I hate the system.

Fighting it is a lottery we cannot afford.

Accepting it is us being dishonest with ourselves and agreeing that it was an illegal tackle.

They are all but smiling in our face whilst telling us to "**** your principles and bend over".
💯

If Cody is fit, I’d like to see

1. Wighton
6. Latrell
7. Walker

I think by years end it will be

1. Gray
6. Latrell
7. Walker

Would be an interesting watch. Takes the pressure off Dodd. Could come over, acclimatise and genuinely earn his spot in the side as opposed to waltzing into it.

01 Gray
02 Johnston
03 Wighton
04 Graham
05 Munro
06 Mitchell
07 Walker

It’s an option, has plenty of zip, ball playing and running.

Would be an interesting watch. Takes the pressure off Dodd. Could come over, acclimatise and genuinely earn his spot in the side as opposed to waltzing into it.

01 Gray
02 Johnston
03 Wighton
04 Graham
05 Munro
06 Mitchell
07 Walker

It’s an option, has plenty of zip, ball playing and running.
I like the look of it but it is very unlikely you would think.

Can’t see us signing a halfback coming over from England to play reserve grade.

I like the look of it but it is very unlikely you would think.

Can’t see us signing a halfback coming over from England to play reserve grade.
I mean, yeah, but Wayne will also play guys where he thinks they best fit also.

Dodd in some ways may be in direct competition with Gray. Best player gets a spot. Only 2 years between them.

Are his Dolphins halves pecking order matching across contract cost and playing time?

Back