• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

I think there is a really clear difference between being booed on occasion, compared to every single week, every time you touch the ball, as it is with Mitchell.

Last edited:
I don't see why a professional footballer needs encouragement to get involved in the bloody game fair dinkum.

You've missed the point.

It's to combat the booing, nothing to do with getting him involved.

The first time i noticed the booing live at a game was at the infamous sin bin semi final a few years back. It was seriously deafening that night. At the time though I just put it down to the fact that he was an ex Rooster and also a hangover from the Manu incident.

After that though it just continued at every single game the following year, no matter who we were playing. If you are being honest you can't escape the fact that there is a racial element to it though. Having said that I think 80% of the people who are boing are doing it because they are sheep and follow whatever some other people in the crowd are doing.

What really surprises me though is reports of some Souths fans joining in. I mean I've sometimes booed the entire team at HT if they are having a shocker but I would never pile on to one of own players no matter how crap he is playing. Thats a red line for me and these people should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:
You've missed the point.

It's to combat the booing, nothing to do with getting him involved.
Correct. That’s why there was a wink after the involvement comment (subtitles: it’s been a topic of discussion on this forum, hence the emoji… I suspect Trell may actually just play what’s in front of him given energy/confidence at any given moment).

On the other hand, let’s front up as a supporter base and counter the opposition booing of our player.

If you sampled say 100 of the people that boo’d Latrell I reckon you’d find a spectrum of reasons.

Sprinkled in there would be some outwardly racist people for sure.

Perhaps there are also some that like to boo generally, to briefly alleviate the pain suffered from their sad, miserable lives - they may feel a rare sense of connection to humanity during those brief moments when the boo erupts in a chorus of ignorance and confused anger.

Others might really enjoy joining in on a good ol boo pile on - a boo mexican wave so to speak. Some of those might boo a bit more enthusiastically because he’s a black fella.

Some might even join in on booing because they resent the fact that anyone who boos Latrell is labelled a racist - a protest against the wokeness they perceive pervading all of western civilisation.

I generally dislike people who boo, whilst supporting their right as a ticket paying patron to boo to their hearts content.

Anyway, I don’t think you can attribute all the booing to racism - but London to a brick you can’t ****ing exclude it either.

Can someone help me with my memory. Way mundine every considered (besides by himself) the best player in the nrl?

The public vitriol toward Latrell at present is really hard to take for me as a Souths fan who is far from Latrell’s greatest fan at present.

Imagine what the bloke must be going through personally. It’s really disgraceful actually

Can someone help me with my memory. Way mundine every considered (besides by himself) the best player in the nrl?

Haha only in his own lunchbox.
Imagine Choc in this age of social media, he managed to talk himself up so much even back then without it! Imagine how cringe he would be now as a player

Correct. That’s why there was a wink after the involvement comment (subtitles: it’s been a topic of discussion on this forum, hence the emoji… I suspect Trell may actually just play what’s in front of him given energy/confidence at any given moment).

On the other hand, let’s front up as a supporter base and counter the opposition booing of our player.
I was replying to a poster named Manikato.

Latest posts

Back