• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

Latrell is definitely a great option at 6, but let's get serious for a minute and have a think about who's going to play fullback. AJ is just back from a pretty serious hammy injury, Who plays on the wing if AJ goes back to fullback ? Cody is by far and away our best 6. Dion looks to be improving at 7 and we have zero strike power in our centres so Jack has to go back out there.Nice to fantasize, but a bit of realism probably wouldn't go astray here.

Last edited:
Latrell is definitely a great option at 6, but let's get serious for a minute and have a think about who's going to play fullback. AJ is just back from a pretty serious hammy injury, Who plays on the wing if AJ goes back to fullback ? Cody is by far and away our best 6. Dion looks to be improving at 7 and we have zero strike power in our centres so Jack has to go back out there.Nice to fantasize, but a bit of realism probably wouldn't go astray here.

Trell to 6

Trell is a great centre but under utilised when playing there.
He is a good fullback but not in the way you expect a modern day fullback to play, he's not a Tedesco or Edwards style of fullback.

The most natural position for him where he can really get involved and contribute is at 5/8,

Would love to see a game with Cody at half and Trell at 5/8 to gauge what sort of impact that pairing might have on the team.

But as someone else mentioned, then who do we play at fullback?
AJ is okay there but he also has his issues in that role.

Oh for Jye Gray and/or Ty Munro to be fit.

Gagai goes to full-back he's played his best game in firsts there. And Cook in the centres.

I hate the system.

Fighting it is a lottery we cannot afford.

Accepting it is us being dishonest with ourselves and agreeing that it was an illegal tackle.

They are all but smiling in our face whilst telling us to "**** your principles and bend over".

Gagai goes to full-back he's played his best game in firsts there. And Cook in the centres.
When has he ever played fullback in first grade? Apart from the one set against the Cowboys last week he has only been on the wing.

If the choice is between Latrell at fullback or Gagai at fullback then it’s Latrell every day of the week.

Ye we have a bit of a problem where it seems our highest paid players best position all seem to be at 6. When Gray is back it might be an option to move Latrell to centre and Wighton to 6 or vice versa. What happens next year when Dodd is around well that’s over to you Wayne 😂

We have a few more games before Jye is back. You can tell that Ben Hornby is entertaining the idea. Hopefully Cody is back as well for the Titans.

I thought Latrell was looking good at the back last night and just as good in the 6. He was switched on and motivated last night.

Some of the runs on the kick returns is what we have been screaming for.

His defence in the line was great as well. The clean up of the kick and the one on one strip as well.

We also know that Latrell has times when he doesn’t have his head in the game. What happens when that happens playing 6?

One thing I know is we need Latrell playing in the spine. I’m not a fan of moving AJ off the wing either. That would mean we would have Thompson or Milne on the left wing.

Last edited:
I hate the system.

Fighting it is a lottery we cannot afford.

Accepting it is us being dishonest with ourselves and agreeing that it was an illegal tackle.

They are all but smiling in our face whilst telling us to "**** your principles and bend over".
You can fight the fine. Outside of a bigger fine there are no more consequences. Probably the issue I have with us so often just accepting them.

When we didn’t fight the charge for the tackle on the Fox it only left more loading. We won’t fight this one, but we should.

We have a few more games before Jye is back. You can tell that Ben Hornby is entertaining the idea. Hopefully Cody is back as well for the Titans.

I thought Latrell was looking good at the back last night and just as good in the 6. He was switched on and motivated last night.

His defence in the line was great as well. The clean up of the kick and the one on one strip as well.

We also know that Latrell can not have his head in the game. What happens when that happens playing 6?

One thing I know is we need Latrell playing in the spine. I’m not a fan of moving AJ off the wing either. That would mean we would have Thompson or Milne on the left wing.
AJ's attempt on Sivo was comical. Latrell would have stopped that try.

AJ's attempt on Sivo was comical. Latrell would have stopped that try.
Last night he would have. A few weeks ago he isn’t even there.

We need to bottle what ever it was Latrell was feeling last night and give it to him every week. He wasn’t perfect, but he plays with that attitude we will be in a much better place.

You can fight the fine. Outside of a bigger fine there are no more consequences. Probably the issue I have with us so often just accepting them.

When we didn’t fight the charge for the tackle on the Fox it only left more loading. We won’t fight this one, but we should.
I’ve read that if he fights it and loses it will be a 2 match ban, which I can’t work out either.

The system is rigged I tell ya.

We also know that Latrell has times when he doesn’t have his head in the game. What happens when that happens playing 6?

Agree, but hopefully by next year we have seen how Gray has developed and maybe a Munro or Mellars for a wing spot. I do still think Latrell will prob be the one given Wayne loves Cody, but just good for thought

Back