• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

What a load of shit lol my god some of you will never be happy just constantly looking to be offended by something.

Mitchell is called out because he is on a million dollars a year, more is expected of him and he makes big statements about his ability while not putting in the effort to back them up. That’s it. It’s not racist to expect your top earning player to play like it.

Absolute clowns some of you.
Except it started the first time he’d handled the ball and obviously had nothing to do with a perceived lack of effort at that point in the game, I also doubt it was Souths supporters expressing their displeasure at the million dollar price tag. For that matter supporters of other clubs wouldn’t give a tinkers cuss about an opposition players pay check.

Last edited:
Except it started the first time he’d handled the ball and obviously had nothing to do with a perceived lack of effort at that point in the game, I also doubt it was Souths supporters expressing their displeasure at the million dollar price tag. For that matter supporters of other clubs wouldn’t give a tinkers cuss about an opposition players pay check.
No I am referring to darque saying criticism of trell on this forum is racist

There’s an old “saying” or “belief” that I think is true, especially as I get older. “Never discuss politics, religion or sex”
I think most Australians think like this as the negatives that arise from those conversations are usually hurled around, nastily and directed to whole groups of people that it shouldn’t be directed at

in my case, I don’t want Latrell to shut up because he’s aboriginal. The same as I don’t want Pat Cummins to shut up as he’s white. I just want them to play their sport as I don’t want to be dragged into those discussions because they invariably turn nasty and nobody ever changes their mind

What coloured guy apart from trell gets booed everytime? If it was all about race then what about the rest of the league why is it only him? He is not the only player that speaks up against racism in the league or protests the anthem.

Jumping to racism is lazy

He gets booed because he got booed at one stage and a big deal was made of it in the inflammatory media so it then became a thing amongst the lower class fans to boo him exactly the same as Goodes.

He is the player that speaks up about it the most and the media run to him for soundbites on the subject whenever something happens.

You win. He is booed because he is black. He and the other 70% of the league that are non-white are all booed because they are coloured.

He is definitely not a grub on the field either he wears South Sydney colours so we all know that is not possible.
Maybe, rather than making smart arse comments, try to understand the point that is attempting to be made.

He is being booed because of the same reason Adam Goodes was booed relentlessly...white people don't like being confronted by "uppity black fellas".

They want their black players to be good little "black fellas" and play the game without making any demands on white people to think about the situation that indigenous australians find themselves in - because it might make them feel uncomfortable.

And then there's a pile on because morons at the footy find it funny. Those same people would be sobbing if it happened to them.

Racism is endemic in this country and until people recognise that, we'll continue to get situations like what happens to Latrell.

It's one of the reasons I don't go to the footy anymore. I nearly got into a fist fight with a supporter who was spraying racist shit at Latrell all game...until I snapped and had to be pulled off him by my son.

So dismiss it all you like, doesn't make it any less real and doesn't make it any less appalling.

The reason Latrell gets booed is because people really, really don’t like him! I didn’t like him when he was at the Roosters, not enough to boo him mind you, and to be honest, Souths supporters cut him a lot more slack than other fans. If anything the esteem in which he is held by other teams fans has probably become much lower during his time at Souths for a number of reasons, some of which he’s inflicted on himself, none of which have to do with his heritage! Luai has been booed in the past, but seems to have pulled his head in somewhat! Souths fans used to boo Paul Gallen for a number of reasons, including him injuring the late Kyle Turner! It’s not Like Latrell is the only player that’s ever been booed! If anything I feel his perceived defiance of public perception towards him only aggravates people as well!

Can you name another player in the NRL who has been booed every time he touches the ball in every game.
I’d probably say Paul Gallen mate, honestly…he was extremely disliked by everyone except Sharks fans!

And I’m not saying it’s right, just that I think there are other reasons for it than Latrell’s heritage!

Latest posts

Back