• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Just read up on it. For an adult can take 3 to 4 months or bad cases 8 months or so to fully heal. Positive side is that Connor Tracey came back after 3 ACL injuries.
What my concern is with Munro is that his collarbone will remain a permanent weak spot even after healing?

What my concern is with Munro is that his collarbone will remain a permanent weak spot even after healing?
Hasn’t he done it 3 times now?

Munro and Mellars should be considered 100% bonus gets for 2025. Don’t pencil them in as a starter or plan for them to balance the squad. If they play and force someone out, amazing. But IMO we should be building a squad that doesn’t rely on them.

One because recent injury history, two because they have no experience (so even if you get 10 good games out of them, getting more than that is a big ask first up).

Their both a cherry on top from where I sit, not the ice cream.

Trying to name some high profile wing signings that have worked out for any teams in the NRL era.

There would be some, but the list is very small and debatable at that.

Xavier Coates to Storm from Brisbane you would say is a success. Especially this year.

DWZ to Warriors. Last year was a great success but apart from that not sure if he has ever given them true value for money if we are to believe he is on even close to what is reported.

Dom Young is too early to tell. He looks a generational type talent when he isn't making eleventy billion mistakes though.

Chris Walker to Souths was an amazing success.

Feel free to add.

Way back in the early 80’s we had a five eight Mick Pattison who broke both collarbones simultaneously playing in a rep game. It ended his career from memory but I’d say that the treatments today would have advanced a lot. Without any medical knowledge I’m guessing it’d be similar to a sternum injury in regards to treatments and rehab.

chris walker to souths???????
bwahahhahhahhaha

Any way you look at it it was a resounding success.

Practically begged him to sign, offering so much money.

He eventually agrees.

Ends up playing 5 games with us for 1 try.

At half-time of the Newcastle v Souths game he suits up and flies to Melbourne for the Logies and then he joins the roosters.

Good move given our reported salary cap. He’s on too much for a winger (assuming reports are close to the mark).
I’m sure he would have had great highlight reels with us if we went that way
How much is he reported to be on?

Back