• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Latrell Mitchell

Trell played really bloody good.

I shudder to think how many points we wouldnt score in the last 12 months without him

Historically worst defense and attack if that were the case.

He looks the slimmest he's been in a Souths jumper. They always say that but its never actually true. But now it is.

First half he was in the frame on every cowboys attack. So gassed right before halftime from the workload gagai had to slot in at fullback for half a defensive set.

Good job
He was on the wing because of an eye concern

Case in point the try the Cows score just before HT. You can see him out on the wing in the background with hands on hips totally gassed while the Cows score on the other side of the field.
They were checking up on him after that try. Seems like he had a knock when he made the tackle from their break.

Seeing Trell hustle on kick defusal was nice to see.

He’s gonna be a world class 5/8 when Cody retires.

His kicking game was great last night. And his passing game is perhaps even better than Cody’s.

He was being checked on and I'm not sure how it looked on the night but I posted about a minute earlier that trell is out on his feet. he played well but no way his fitness is where it needs to be for a fullback.

Last night we had multiple penalties that got us up the other end. Think we have prob doub the tackles in their 20 and we just couldn't win.

He was being checked on and I'm not sure how it looked on the night but I posted about a minute earlier that trell is out on his feet. he played well but no way his fitness is where it needs to be for a fullback.

Last night we had multiple penalties that got us up the other end. Think we have prob doub the tackles in their 20 and we just couldn't win.
That’s what concerned me the most. We had all the momentum in terms of turn overs and piggy backs, but still got dominated in the middle and couldn’t create regular/fluent attack.

Seeing Trell hustle on kick defusal was nice to see.

He’s gonna be a world class 5/8 when Cody retires.

His kicking game was great last night. And his passing game is perhaps even better than Cody’s.
Literally every good thing he did last night he could do from five-eighth.

Considering Teaupa is basically a passenger with how we have played the past 2 weeks... just pick Cody at 7 and Trell at 6.

Put Wighton at 1 (he can't catch a cold in the centres right now)

Literally every good thing he did last night he could do from five-eighth.

Considering Teaupa is basically a passenger with how we have played the past 2 weeks... just pick Cody at 7 and Trell at 6.

Put Wighton at 1 (he can't catch a cold in the centres right now)
I’d be a bigger fan of this if we hadn’t just signed Dodd.

But yeah, they are playing as our 6 and 7 at the moment.

I’d be a bigger fan of this if we hadn’t just signed Dodd.

But yeah, they are playing as our 6 and 7 at the moment.
Genuine competition for spots is good. I'm not convinced Cody lasts more than 18 months anyway.

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain to me why exactly people are booing Latrell? I get he’s larger than life, not playing well etc…but what’s the trigger for this? I must have missed an episode along the way…

The racist calls are so dumb. The majority of our team is non white.

Latrell gets booed by some opposition fans because he talks a lot, gets over the top media coverage, has a history of grubbiness/aggressiveness but mainly because it has being made a big deal that he gets booed so it just encourages them more much like with Adam Goodes.

He is the easy guy to hate like we do with JWH and Radley for example not because he is a black man

I would dispute that. He was ok in attack when he decided to get involved. Defensively however he was next to useless and it all comes back to his lack of fitness.

Case in point the try the Cows score just before HT. You can see him out on the wing in the background with hands on hips totally gassed while the Cows score on the other side of the field. His fitness level is embarrassing for an NRL Fb.

As for his attack, he did do some good things but lets be honest....considering the coin he's on it wasn't exactly an earth-shattering performance. The pass for AJ's try was pretty standard stuff and the Cows defence basically made the decision for him. The solo try was good, but he almost bombed it by not passing to Keon who would have strolled over.

It was a better performance I guess....but he is still nowhere near where he needs to be as a marque player. And again it comes back to fitness. The mistakes he makes like the awful drop out and missing a goal from in front are a direct result of fatigue. He needs to be better.
i concur

The racist calls are so dumb. The majority of our team is non white.

Latrell gets booed by some opposition fans because he talks a lot, gets over the top media coverage, has a history of grubbiness/aggressiveness but mainly because it has being made a big deal that he gets booed so it just encourages them more much like with Adam Goodes.

He is the easy guy to hate like we do with JWH and Radley for example not because he is a black man

Saying there is no sub-concious, or worse, racism involved is far stupider and incredibly ignorant.

Back