• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

They can still be replaced with better suited players for the squad.

I can be fixed by recruiting better and what we need.

But the deadwood needs to go

No, that’s not the case.

I posted a list of centres and wingers playing NSW cup. About 40 from memory.
Not one person in here could tell me who was grade on what we had….as bad as they are

No, that’s not the case.

I posted a list of centres and wingers playing NSW cup. About 40 from memory.
Not one person in here could tell me who was grade on what we had….as bad as they are

So you’re happy with having Milne, Kennar, Te Hau, Tass and Chee Kam as outside back options for next year?

Milne, Mitchell, Chee Kam and Tass are all solid top 30 players.

Not knowing what they’re on I couldn’t tell you if they’re worth it, but I have no problem with any of them being here if Wayne is happy with their space in the cap. They’re all capable of filling a role.

Gagai has probably graduated into that ‘worthy of a top 30’ spot too to be fair.

Obviously you can only keep so many spots for solid toilers, ditto up and comers that are inexperienced.

But none of those guys are going to hurt your squad individually.

In fact they’ve come in very handy to date.

Chee Kam has filled in admirably. Be it last year in our early season run when we had injuries (he started in the backrow in those 3 wins vs Storm, Panthers and Broncos). He’s played lock, edge and centre and whilst not a world beater, is a solid depth piece.

Milne has essentially acted as a first string starter for a couple of seasons now. That’s above his station but he’s done it. And when the side has played well he’s done his job.

For Isaiah, we would have had a massive hole in our outside backs for two and a half seasons had Tass not come on as strong as he did. Not his fault he was our first choice centre at times. Yes he has limitations to his game, but so do all bottom of the roster guys. No one is saying he should be our starting centre.

These guys are solid position 20-30 squad guys. Like Keppie, Host, Havili, etc. Starters, no. But guys 18-30 aren’t that.

So you’re happy with having Milne, Kennar, Te Hau, Tass and Chee Kam as outside back options for next year?

No but did you read what I said?
Thete was bugger all alternatives. As much as people want it to be so it wasn’t.

JD was asked why he kept GagaI. His answer? For tthe money they were on and what we had there was no one better available. Ditto, Milne, Kennar & co

No but did you read what I said?
Thete was bugger all alternatives. As much as people want it to be so it wasn’t.

JD was asked why he kept GagaI. His answer? For tthe money they were on and what we had there was no one better available. Ditto, Milne, Kennar & co

Yes I understand the money and the salary cap things but the thing is Storm do it so well that their main squad is suited to what they need in their squad even the guys on low wages. The list of players I named are not offering anything to the squad.

This is for the past two years and not just four games.

And wasn’t Dom Young going to sign for us but JD said no? Sam Burgess was trying to lock him in to the club? Am I wrong?

Yes I understand the money and the salary cap things but the thing is Storm do it so well that their main squad is suited to what they need in their squad even the guys on low wages. The list of players I named are not offering anything to the squad.

This is for the past two years and not just four games.

Most of our guys you named are only playing due to our chronic injury toll.
He’s a list of NSW cup centres that started the season. Not many who are better than our blokes. In fact none would be close to the fact

Mapapalangi
Myers
Waitere
Schiller
Demettriou
vea’ila
leiataua
Faulalo
Lehi Hopoate
Kennar
Milne
tass
Alamoti
Peachy
Jennings
king
loizou
Cini
Perham
Bergamin
Hayman
Tamale
Fergai

Most of our guys you named are only playing due to our chronic injury toll.
He’s a list of NSW cup centres that started the season. Not many who are better than our blokes. In fact none would be close to the fact

Mapapalangi
Myers
Waitere
Schiller
Demettriou
vea’ila
leiataua
Faulalo
Lehi Hopoate
Kennar
Milne
tass
Alamoti
Peachy
Jennings
king
loizou
Cini
Perham
Bergamin
Hayman
Tamale
Fergai

There are options on the open market and they wouldn’t break the bank. So say that our current depth players are better options is a joke to be serious wasn’t to long ago that we were coming dead last with the worst for/against in the NRL but funny how we win for straight fans just forget all of that.

There are options on the open market and they wouldn’t break the bank. So say that our current depth players are better options is a joke to be serious wasn’t to long ago that we were coming dead last with the worst for/against in the NRL but funny how we win for straight fans just forget all of that.

Its easy to say “ but but” but the facts are what the are. No pie in the sky wishful thinking changes that.
I provided you with a list of the talent at the start of the year. Our blokes are more often better than alternative choices

Its easy to say “ but but” but the facts are what the are. No pie in the sky wishful thinking changes that.
I provided you with a list of the talent at the start of the year. Our blokes are more often better than alternative choices

You had our guys on that list just saying and as I said before there are guys on the open market that are better options and won’t break the bank with there wages

You had our guys on that list just saying and as I said before there are guys on the open market that are better options and won’t break the bank with there wages

you say that but there wasn’t. They investigated that and it wasn’t the case. As the list shows you

Latest posts

Back