• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Doesn't sound like a Roosters type signing. In 2017 they pushed out the NSW 7 Pearce, and replaced him with the Australian 7 Cronk. That's what they do.
I think that’s a reflection of the lack of quality available halves

I think he'll go if he is wanted by a coach who believes in him and has a plan for him that Lachie believes in. Like most of these situations the dominoes have to fall in the right place so it won't surprise me if he stays either.
I don't know what digging in as you say would do to a player's reputation either. Would it harm it? I guess if he digs in and is playing good footy then clubs won't care.
It's been mentioned here he wants to stay because he likes the club, he was very supportive of Dean Hawkins when Dean replaced him, so maybe he just wants to stay and be a part of the club and play under Bennett. If so, sign a new contract for 2025 and 2026 for less (say, $600k over two years, or whatever helps the club recruit who we want).

‘Digging in’ is probably too harsh.

He has a contract, he has every right to see that contract out and do his best. Even if it would probably be better for the club’s cap if he went elsewhere (given they’ve spent his contract and then some to get his replacement here in Dodd).

I think that’s a reflection of the lack of quality available halves
They have a good young half coming in behind Walker don’t they? And the guy that filled in for Cleary.

They’ve gone all in on Walker. Townsend makes sense as a steady hand while Sam matures and can shoulder the load of partnering another younger/inexperinced 6 or 7.

‘Digging in’ is probably too harsh.

He has a contract, he has every right to see that contract out and do his best. Even if it would probably be better for the club’s cap if he went elsewhere (given they’ve spent his contract and then some to get his replacement here in Dodd).
Yeah, I figured that. Digging in was the best way of putting it but it doesn't necessarily mean it's him being stubborn.

No there are no absolutes without the actual books, but if it is reported that a player is on 800k and it sounds about right then you can go with the figure being 800k or very close to that. We are not calculating the salary cap, just value for money.
Managers inflate amounts with the media to get better deals for their clients. No one really knows , especially us the punters. I have actually been told this by a manager, so I never believe anything the media comes up with.

Last edited:
Managers inflate amounts with the media to get better deals for their clients. No one really knows , especially us the punters. I have actually been told this by a manager, so I never believe anything the media comes up with.
I think it's common knowledge that Vendors fudge figures. These figures can still be used to speculate a players value. That is close enough for the purpose of player trade and player value discussion between "punters".

They have a good young half coming in behind Walker don’t they? And the guy that filled in for Cleary.

They’ve gone all in on Walker. Townsend makes sense as a steady hand while Sam matures and can shoulder the load of partnering another younger/inexperinced 6 or 7.
They have Sandon Smith. He played 5/8 when Keary was out. I think he is 21ish.

SOUTHS SIGN MURRAY CLONE
The Rabbitohs have won four in a row and have had another victory, signing one of the game's brightest young forwards from the Storm.

Devonte Vaotu'ua, who played for the Central Coast Roosters in 2023 before standing out with the Storm's SG Ball side this season, has signed a three year deal with the Bunnies.

Play Video
Why Bunnies believe finals are likely
An 18-year-old of Samoan heritage, Vaotu'ua has a great motor and can play lock prop or second row.

His style and work ethic has been likened to Rabbitohs skipper Cam Murray - high praise indeed.

The youngster will link up with the Rabbitohs next season and is rated a very special prospect

SOUTHS SIGN MURRAY CLONE
The Rabbitohs have won four in a row and have had another victory, signing one of the game's brightest young forwards from the Storm.

Devonte Vaotu'ua, who played for the Central Coast Roosters in 2023 before standing out with the Storm's SG Ball side this season, has signed a three year deal with the Bunnies.

Play Video
Why Bunnies believe finals are likely
An 18-year-old of Samoan heritage, Vaotu'ua has a great motor and can play lock prop or second row.

His style and work ethic has been likened to Rabbitohs skipper Cam Murray - high praise indeed.

The youngster will link up with the Rabbitohs next season and is rated a very special prospect
Would this be Brent Hill and Ello sorting this?

The deal was done back in May.

Not knocking the kid (he is a kid), hope he kills it, but man I'd love for us to have a bit of difference in our forwards... we love the smaller hard-working type. Would love some bigger bodies next.
I guess that’s their hope for Hallie?

I take your point though and agree.

Luckily the game does seem to be moving towards mobility over size. Every now and again you get a freak like Haas or even Carrigan really, that has both.

I also imagine that it’s hard to pick talent that is big at this age. Are they ahead of their peers purely through size? Whereas the slightly smaller middle (and it’s not like he’s tiny) is easier to spot with their footwork and agility.

The deal was done back in May.

Not knocking the kid (he is a kid), hope he kills it, but man I'd love for us to have a bit of difference in our forwards... we love the smaller hard-working type. Would love some bigger bodies next.
This kid looks good for the future. It is encouraging that there are new signings. It was fairly quiet on that front for a while a couple of years back. I think the big forward you are looking for is Moale. The post JD Moale is a different beast and has really stepped up. Ofcourse another one for 2025 wouldn't hurt.

Back