• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Sometimes wingers need to pass back inside. Regardless I would like to keep Tass. He would not be on a huge amount and although a long way from top tier he is still NRL quality. Tass is value for money.
Agreed

Tass is just barely NRL standard at best imo. His evolution in the game has stagnated since he arrived in the NRL. If he was an outstanding defender, had above average pace or was consistent in setting up his outside man I'd say a definite keeper but he is none of those! He is NSW Cup standard mostly but can fill a hole when injury, suspension or rep duties disrupt the team. I wouldn't be crying buckets if he was let go. Seems a likeable fellow though! :giggle:

Anyone who has played solely under JD (Tass, Ilias, etc) deserves a shot at redemption IMO
I can't recall any player who has improved under JDs watch. Especially the newly promoted who have talent to burn, referring to Duncan and Moale to name just 2. Perhaps include Tass, Illias and PM in that group also. We need to see what they can be under the coaching of WB.

or play on the wing where it doesn't really matter
The play does seem to die with him a little too frequently in the centres that's for sure

I’m not a fan of keeping deadwood at the club. Which is what happened the past few years under JD now that he is gone we should be thinking smart with our squad. Some players should not be re signed or should be released from their contract.

I’m not a fan of keeping deadwood at the club. Which is what happened the past few years under JD now that he is gone we should be thinking smart with our squad. Some players should not be re signed or should be released from their contract.
First of all you can't just release players from their contract. You can do what we did with Cook but if they don't want to leave they don't have to. Yes, deadwood should not be resigned. Kenner is gone and I imagine there will be others. Tass is young as a depth is a step up to what we have now.

Every superstar we have puts pressure on the salary cap, (on this side of Anzac Pde anyway), so we have to keep depth players on low price contracts as part of the 30. But which ones can be good and are value for money is the coaches challange. I think Tass is value in this sence.

First of all you can't just release players from their contract. You can do what we did with Cook but if they don't want to leave they don't have to. Yes, deadwood should not be resigned. Kenner is gone and I imagine there will be others. Tass is young as a depth is a step up to what we have now.
Correct if only it were as simple as telling players to piss off…….. 🙄 it’s far more complex than that! Simply not how it works…….

Latest posts

Back