• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Well I would argue all clubs are under salary cap pressure - that’s kind of the point of having a cap.
Possibly.

I think the NRL rules are that you can only underspend your cap by 5-10% (I'll have the figures wrong), unless you get dispensation from the NRL Auditory.

Clubs put out narratives to suit where they are in the recruitment cycle and how their club is perceived by Managers/Media.

So the "We've got plenty of room in the cap" is a narrative that the Tigers want everyone to believe because they know they will need to spend overs to attract talent to the club.

And the "our cap is really tight / we've got no room in the cap" narrative put out by Souths and others helps to keep a lid on player demands / and discourages recruits from asking for silly money (in theory).

That's all good, but don't just fall hook, line and sinker for the narrative and (dare I say it) do your own research.

Neither has Cam Murray. Cody Walker. Jack Wighton or Jai Arrow.

Premierships are ****ing hard to win.
Supporting your point is the 2015 GF. The last play of regular time to take it to golden point. Half the team touched the ball and at 1 point only 1 player was onside to take the pass. Cows could have easily not been the premiers if everything did not go right on that final play. In 2021 if anyone was backing up Murray when he made that break at the end of the game we would not be having this conversation.

I would rather get rid of Cody and keep Cook .

Cody costing us more and Cooks workrate is high

I’m sorry but my opinion of Cook is he is not worth the money he receives now, or the huge money he received last contract which was off one good season in 2018.

Yes he is a great clubman, a great person on and off the field and a great role model but he has not performed in the big games for us and even though in the spine and one of our highest paid players over the last 6 years.

We are too nice a club that aren’t ruthless enough to make decisions on players such as cook to go the next step to win a premiership, the whole reason these clubs play the game.

Count how many tries Cody has set up since he joined Souths Wheelbarrow?

On Cody, sure he has done well in the past .... however I have not been impressed since he returned from last years Origin game.

I think for every GOOD pass this year , there has been an equal amount of poor passes and also missed tackles leading to tries.

I would rather see LM ( or wighton) and Dodds as our halves next year, Cook a good option for 14 , as he can cover hooker , halves , fullback and centre at a pinch.

I would rather get rid of Cody and keep Cook .

Cody costing us more and Cooks workrate is high
Keep them both. Both are quality players. Both are under contract for next season. One last throw at the stumps for a premiership win, bringing home number 22 in the red and green.
❤️💚

We are losing Burgess and we can replace some of our 18-30 squad members with better quality/depth. Kennar, Milne, Havilli, Chee-Kam for example. All of which are off contract come end of season. There’s room there to tweak the roster.

In my opinion, with Bennett getting the team playing to their potential, that is all that is required. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Latest posts

Back