• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 19: Rabbitohs v Dolphins

Callmack1

Staff member
Reaction score
Moving into another week and looking forward to the next Round, Round 19. This week, we take on the Dolphins in just the second game ever between us on Thursday night. We also have a first in our history, our first-ever game at Kayo Stadium. That’s pretty exciting.

It’s gonna be a pretty big week with this being the first time since probably the Broncos game, that we are going up against a genuinely tough side. The Dolphins are a top eight side this year. They’re a quality side and have been punching well above their weight in 2024. You could argue that they are slightly on the slide currently, but that doesn’t mean anything come Thursday. They won’t be as Origin effected as us either. Coached by our old mate, and future coach again in Uncle Wayne, you know they’re not going to give us much, we’ll have to make our own opportunities. Make no mistake, this is going to be a big step up from our recent games.

I really hope we can keep the roll going and if the boys prep like they have been and go into this game the way they have been, we’ll be in with a real chance. It’s going to be tough without Trell and Cam, but I’m excited to see Gray come back in, and we might see Le Blanc back for Cam. It’s next man up. With Trell’s injury in particular, this becomes a pretty big game, and one we have to win.

Pumped for it already!! So keen for Thursday!

Glory, Glory.

If it’s anything like last Thursday I’ll warm up by eating a pack of Butter-Menthols.

Guessing they ain't missing any players due to SOO

This will be a big game for Jye. Knowing that he has at least 4 games and possibly the season in that fullback role.

The Dolphins biggest loss is Marshall King. I saw someone mentioned Max Plath will move to hooker. If that’s the case then it will be a double blow to them as he was killing it at lock.

This is the game where Cody needs to own. He has been playing well enough. But we have yet to see him have that man of the match performance. Would like to see him popping up the other side a few times on the outside of Jack. Open up that left side.

This is one you just need to win. An ugly field goal in golden point will do it.

We’re already down on troops, so despite it just being Murray on rep duty, it’s a big out.

Luckily Gray is there at the back. So while we lose a little in try assists, we pick up a little in run metres.

And we’re likely underutilising Duncan at this point, so extra minutes for him will be appreciated.

Lucky that Gray are probably our 2 best up and comers (sans Davy) and they are the replacements for our 2 Origin stars.

Grandpa Wighton and Grandpa Walker need to steer the side home this week.

So I guess this will be the lineup

1- Jye Gray
2- Alex Johnston
3- Taane Milne
4- Richie Kennar
5- Jacob Gagai
6- Jack Wighton
7- Cody Walker (c)
8- Davvy Moale
9- Damien Cook
10- Sean Keppie
11- Michael Chee Kam
12- Jai Arrow
13- Keaon Koloamatangi

Interchange:

14- Peter Mamouzelos
15- Tallis Duncan
16- Thomas Burgess
17- Liam Le Blanc

Wondering if Myers gets a crack after his efforts last week. Is he a chance to push Kennar out of the side? Not sure they'll want to risk it to much, but he couldn't have done much more than he has since arriving.

I'm guessing Phil's team is probably about right though.

This is the first week for a while that I will not shudder when our opponent shifts the ball to attack our right edge. The right edge has done the job for several weeks now. Gray is a good replacement for Latrell also. I think we are fairly strong in every position. I can see another 80 min effort and another win.

Wondering if Myers gets a crack after his efforts last week. Is he a chance to push Kennar out of the side? Not sure they'll want to risk it to much, but he couldn't have done much more than he has since arriving.

I'm guessing Phil's team is probably about right though.
Not until a loss you’d assume.

Latest posts

Back